IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Are the number of court cases tailing off?

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    richy4 wrote: »
    Do most of these cases lose? I guess some we will never know unfortunately! Just looking at the raw numbers and thinking what (if any) of these succeed for the PPCs.

Their raison d'etre for all the claims, is more likely to be all those who pay up as soon as they get a court claim. That's where they ''succeed''. Costs the PPC scum £25 a pop and they get people coughing up around £250 without quibble, due to this rogue industry abusing the court process as a cheap form of debt collection for debts that don't exist.

I wonder how many claims are issued, compared to those that get to a hearing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    £25 a pop to generate up to £250 is much cheaper and more profitable than using DRP who skim £60 from the £160 demanded. The court route, I'm sure, returns far better success yields - the naive/supine are likely much more intimidated by the thought of 'court' than that of 'debt collector'.

Why would any sensible PPC use DRP? (There's a 'lead' there for someone!). :D
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    26/06/17

25 cases today.

Includes 10 set asides and 1 counterclaim.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Umkomaas
    Options
    27/06/17

26/5

• Umkomaas
    edited 28 June 2017 at 9:40AM
    Options
    28/06/17

24/5

In just over one week there are 44 set aside cases, credit clamping no doubt having taken place in most of them. And these are just the people who have realised what has happened. There must be hundreds more who are currently blissfully unaware - until they try to get credit.

The tip of an iceberg possibly?

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nice little earner for UK government Ltd , however we are reading lots of problems with court closures and cutbacks and regular mistakes by them
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • mistercesq
    mistercesq Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    28/06/17

24/5

In just over one week there are 44 set aside cases, credit clamping no doubt having taken place in most of them. And these are just the people who have realised what has happened. There must be hundreds more who are currently blissfully unaware - until they try to get credit.

The tip of an iceberg possibly?

I personally find it quite disgusting that people can have their lives ruined over an invoice that they were never liable for in the first place (in most cases) or that they made a genuine mistake and any reasonable person would see that.

I find it equally as appalling that Theresa May (who I ironically just saw drive past today with a motorcade) has not tackled any of this despite promising she would and she directly contributed to this mess with her law changes on parking.

I found this excerpt in an old Mirror article:

James Randall, 32, and Lucky Gohler, 31, of CPM said Theresa May’s law change was “the best thing that ever happened to us.”
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mistercesq wrote: »
    I personally find it quite disgusting that people can have their lives ruined over an invoice that they were never liable for in the first place (in most cases) or that they made a genuine mistake and any reasonable person would see that.

I find it equally as appalling that Theresa May (who I ironically just saw drive past today with a motorcade) has not tackled any of this despite promising she would and she directly contributed to this mess with her law changes on parking.

I found this excerpt in an old Mirror article:

James Randall, 32, and Lucky Gohler, 31, of CPM said Theresa May’s law change was “the best thing that ever happened to us.”

Sorry, what law changes has May made about parking, she has done nothing
  • mistercesq
    mistercesq Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Sorry, what law changes has May made about parking, she has done nothing

When Theresa May was home secretary she changed the law to allow parking companies access to the DVLA for drivers details. So trust me she has done something!!!!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 June 2017 at 7:44PM
    Options
    mistercesq wrote: »
    When Theresa May was home secretary she changed the law to allow parking companies access to the DVLA for drivers details. So trust me she has done something!!!!

NO, the DCLG introduced POFA 2012 which you can read all about.
    Do not be confused that Theresa May changed the law

Since then, the DCLG have made statements, told lies that they are looking into this. Marcus Jones MP is one of the biggest liars, clearly approved by Theresa May

THERESA MAY HAS DONE NOTHING ... WHAT ELSE IS NEW ???

I would add that I am not a Labour person, always been conservative but this lady is beyond belief
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure