BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal

Comments

• Still not received it either, nor any reply to my email to BT
  • Good news, my £75 cheque came today.
    It came attached to a BT letterhead, and was from BT, via Blackhawk Engagement Solutions, not MSE.
    And it's drawn on a very exclusive bank, Coutts!
  • I also received my £75 cheque today. I filled in the online form on the BT website less than two weeks ago, so am pleased at how quickly the claim has been processed. Including the link to Martin's email confirming the cashback amount might have helped (see Post #41).

I also received the £100 Sainsburys Gift Card very quickly, so I'm happy for a change!
  • My cheque for £75 arrived today. Had an email a few days ago saying my claim for a £100 gift card had been sucessful and it was being despatched, so looks like it all may turn out well.
    Thanks for that info about scanning the QR code on the back of the card to get the value loaded. Thats was how I did it in the first place, had just forgotten.
  • JulianB
    JulianB Posts: 14 Forumite
    My £75 cheque arrived yesterday but have not received the Sainsbury’s card as yet

Thanks
    Julian
  • fingerbob7
    fingerbob7 Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2016 at 7:08PM
    I fell for a cheap BT broadband deal of £150 cashback and a £50 Sainsburys card 6 months ago. I've come on here to beg others NOT to go with BT.

Did you know that if you have a problem, there's a strong chance you'll be charged a £120 call out fee for an engineer (if they find any fault around your property, including damp or old cabling). No other providers do this to my knowledge.

Did you also know that all problems are dealt with by Indian call centres who don't speak good English and force you to run through endless tests lasting an hour? They do this each time you call before they'll send out an engineer.

Did you know that BT slows down Broadband at peak times- and this is very noticeable. I'm in Central London and the the last time I had to slowly watch pages load was in the first days of the internet.

My average speed went from 16MB (with Sky and TalkTalk) to 2MB with BT. The fastest was 4MB with BT.

This is the worst service I have ever used. 4 visits from engineers, problems not solved, noisy landline, intermittent broadband. Problems watching Streaming, Netflix disrupted etc etc.

If all the other providers can give me fault free service....

Dont go with BT, just DONT, save money with someone else.

They charge £200 to leave 6 months early (and that's despite the line rental I already paid in advance ). It should be £30 Broadband charges remaining, but no, they add on all kinds of penalties.

Utter misery from day 1. The biggest mistake I made, lured by a cheap deal. No wonder they have one of the worst customer satisfaction records. See for yourself, see the research, believe what you read!!!
  • Anyone else still waiting? Still no £75 cheque and no reply to my email to the affiliates address with BT.
  • We are still waiting! No £75 cheque as yet. Are MSE able to chase this up for us?
  • JulianB
    JulianB Posts: 14 Forumite
    The promised £100 Sainsbury gift card arrived Saturday 23rd via Royal Mail recorded delivery.

I do hope all the other forum members who have not received their cash-back or gift cards do so sooner rather than later

Thanks for all the help
    J
  • i have my cheque. its direct from BT - despite their staff denying all knowledge - paid via Coutts Bank. cheque arrived saturday 19 january. i had to claim it online using the links earlier in this thread. i got an acknowledgment email same day as claim 6 january. my gift card came within a week of completing the claim on the links offered when i took out the deal in november 2015. its been a long road. not sure i would repeat the experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure