The Big Adventure

Comments

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ljaneyr wrote: »
    I really enjoy your diary Goldie, there are some really lovely posts and it always makes me smile :)

Thank you, that's a lovely thing to say - makes my witterings all worth while!:)
    Karmacat wrote: »
    It going to be great when you really take it on board ... like being able to go to a local walk every day when the daffs start to come out, that sort of thing :)

After reading your post and Mint's post, it reminded me that we can do whatever we want, when we want. Therefore as it was a lovely sunny afternoon we went for a completely unplanned long walk, just round all the local roads. We went past the local farm shop and I noticed they are now doing My Hermes. As it's only a ten minute walk away, that'll be helpful for the eBaying.

The afternoon really helped my mindset. The cupboard I wanted to declutter will be there for another day.

Managed two items decluttered with no effort whatsoever. Pair of superman socks (unwanted present) sold on eBay and pair of old glasses to the optician for charity.

An envelope from the Royal Mail survey turned up, with my first items to post and a schedule. They seem to assume that I have some sort of online account with them. I've never been advised of any account log in or password so I've emailed them to ask about this point.

I have a suspicion this Royal Mail survey could be a faff. But the stamps are nice to have, so I'll give it a go.

Carrot and coriander soup was very nice.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I definitely find it a faff! But I can post my wedding invitations for free with all the stamps :T
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Goldiegirl wrote: »

An envelope from the Royal Mail survey turned up, with my first items to post and a schedule. They seem to assume that I have some sort of online account with them. I've never been advised of any account log in or password so I've emailed them to ask about this point.

I have sent you a PM ;)
  • Goldiegirl
    BookWorm wrote: »
    I have sent you a PM ;)

Cheers, I'll try that tomorrow when I'm on my laptop :)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Your afternoon sounds gorgeous, Goldie :) exactly what I was thinking of :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    edited 21 January 2015 at 4:58PM
    Bit of a funny day today.

This morning I was making that good old standby Paprika Beef to go in the slow cooker, and I called Mr Goldie to give me a hand with the washing up. He got up quite quickly, felt slightly dizzy, and then nearly fainted!:eek: By the time he hit the floor, he said he already felt ok, but it was a bit of a shock.

Of course, the first thing I did (after making sure he was ok of course!!) was to get on Google.

His blood pressure is naturally low, but it's possible that his blood pressure may have dropped even more, due to my low sodium diet, as we both eat the same food.

Therefore, when he stood up quickly, the blood didn't get to his brain quickly enough. Hence the dizziness and the almost faint!

There's a few things he can do to help, such as standing up slowly, keeping himself hydrated and eating more salt

So he's going to be careful and he'll be putting salt on his food, and drinking more water. I think I'll let him have sausages and bacon too! :rotfl:

We're going to both check our blood pressure later to see how we're dong

If it happens often, he'll go to the docs.

We went for a good walk again - after this morning it seems more important than ever that we both keep active.

I've managed to get into my Royal Mail survey account ( with some help from Bookworm), so I'm all set for my first posting next week

PS Decluttered - 2014 National Trust Handbook
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Scary for Mr G. I have permanently low blood pressure and drinking water is really important. Salt helps too but the water is the thing that probably does the most.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hadn't thought of water, just salt, for low blood pressure - makes absolute sense tho. Sorry to hear Mr GG got a shock like that, hope he's okay now.

I'm just off to my diary to start the decluttering list!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Goodness sorry to hear about Mr Goldie's near fainting :eek: Hope he (and you) are doing ok now. x
  • Goldiegirl
    Touch wood, every things ok today! I've noticed he's drinking additional water, so he's doing the right thing.

I thought I was missing something with the Royal Mail survey - a load of emails have turned up with proper guidelines and instructions. No wonder I was a bit confused.

As my pension was received the other day, a new financial month has started.

When our tax is fully sorted out, I've worked out that we'll receive about £1515 each month.

Our total outlay on money set aside for bills, groceries etc and other general spending was £987.42 for January, so we were well within our income. But we were away for a week, so it's not a true reflection of a normal month

There was some other money spent, on holiday and some things we've booked for our upcoming holiday, but I'm not including it as normal day to day expenditure.

February will be more interesting as it's a 5 week month for us.

The next thing I'm waiting for is Mr Goldie's pension which we'll probably receive tomorrow - just wondering if the tax will have been amended for this month. No doubt all will be revealed soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport