IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket from CMS UK Ltd

Comments

• bromsgrovebarry
    bromsgrovebarry Posts: 806 Forumite
    edited 29 March 2010 at 10:59PM
    If Eric is Perky, he should be fighting off the amourous attention of a mass of beautiful women instead of spouting his version of the law. Whoever you are Eric, do the world a favour and **** off
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bet he don't post more than the record of 25.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • ianhaslop
    ianhaslop Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

I have also been issued with a ticket from CMS whilst delivering to Empire Wigan.

A little different from the majority of threads I have read here I was parked on double yellows as close as I could get to the Empire cinema as I had eighty bundles of magazines to deliver to the cinema.

I appealed the ticket and got a response back very simular to others on the forum. After reading correspondence on here my inital feeling is to ignore all future correspondence from them. Anyone got any advice or thoughts on this as my ticket was not a time issue but a yellow line issue :mad:

Thanks

Ian
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If the yellow lines were on private land, then they have no basis in law and the ticket can be safely ignored.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • ianhaslop
    ianhaslop Posts: 7 Forumite
    trisontana wrote: »
    If the yellow lines were on private land, then they have no basis in law and the ticket can be safely ignored.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts,
    I am the ops director of a Manchester courier company with self employed drivers. I always contest parking tickets for my drivers if I feel its right to. I have probarly a 95% success rate with local authority tickets, I send them a job sheet to show we were delivering and they quash the penalty.
    I have never had any luck with the private companies so my drivers always end up paying the charge.
    Hopefully not again. Is anyone clued up with the private wheel clampers and ways round getting clamps removed without paying

Ian
  • peter_the_piper
    Yes, bolt cutters or bump keys.
    eduit. You could use an angle grinder but they are a bit noisy.
    Congrats by the way, you are one of the better informed transport managers, most just pay and deduct from the drivers.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • kwaks
    kwaks Posts: 494 Forumite
    The knowledge you have gained should save your drivers a pretty penny.

As for the 5% of council fines you still have to pay, there are other things to look for as appeal points in addition to the loading aspect. Most have some mistakes in their wording and/or procedures which render them invalid. See Pepipoo.com for numerous examples.

As for the clamps, it is amazing how often in this country passing good samaritans just happen to have bolt cutters and lop off the chains of unscrupulous PPC clamps. (just make sure they don't confuse them with official DVLA or council ones).
  • peter_the_piper
    Don't damage the clamps themselves, just the chain/padlock. As the clamp has to returned to them some fun is to be had handing a lost clamp into the police at the other end of the country.
  • I parked at robin retails park for maybe ten mins in a disabled spot, never saw signs, recovering from broken leg bla bla

I got a ticket, I was not displaying a badge (actually thought i parked in the first non disabled space but it was last disabled in row) i WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION AS WAS LITERALLY NIPPING IN A SHOP FOR 5 MINS!

SHALL I NOT PAY? I realise this is the advice given on her but the last was a few months ago, does it still stand?

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    blondy_83 wrote: »
    I parked at robin retails park for maybe ten mins in a disabled spot, never saw signs, recovering from broken leg bla bla

I got a ticket, I was not displaying a badge (actually thought i parked in the first non disabled space but it was last disabled in row) i WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION AS WAS LITERALLY NIPPING IN A SHOP FOR 5 MINS!

SHALL I NOT PAY? I realise this is the advice given on her but the last was a few months ago, does it still stand?

Of course it does. The law has not changed.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure