Little Miss Spendy needs to change!

Comments

• Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    There are 100 cents in 1 dollar. There are 100 pence in 1 pound. It doesn't matter that it is in dollars, it works exactly the same. If you choose to purchase after the month free trial, you can swap the $ symbol for £ symbol. the numbers will remain the same.
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • Thanks Tallulah, I'll be giving it a go!
  • mobo1980
    mobo1980 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Good luck Tabithabooboo :)

I am obsessed with lists also ! They just help to focus the mind so much .
    Lists for work , lists for cleaning , lists for shopping the lists go on :rotfl: I'm also a little obsessed with stationery :) (i'm a Capricorn that's my excuse !

Mobo xx
    CC1-£1729.53
    CC2-£4323.00
    LOAN-£14,519.05
    TOTAL DEBT £20,571.58 :eek:
    Then there's the mortgage :o
  • Thanks Mono, good to know it's not just me!! Now where are those post it's..
  • A short update tonight, am totally pooped. Returned some items today, £60 back & made £12.50 on 2 ebay items. Still got 17 listed & a good few bids. Stuck to meal plan & own food & coffee again at work. Had to get some milk eye at Aldi but only got essential items. Resolve remains strong...
  • phizzimum
    phizzimum Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Tabithabooboo

Just wanted to share something that worked for us.

About 10 years ago we had a timeshare (I know, I know, it seemed like a good idea at the time). Every time we used it I would pay a chunk off. I would work out how much a week's self catering accommodation would cost and that's how much I would pay off the loan. I didn't want us to think "yay, we're having a free holiday!" As it's not free until it's all paid off.

Hope you can keep motivated, you're doing really well. All those little changes do add up
    weaving through the chaos...
  • Thanks Phizzimum, what a great idea!! As well as the monthly payment I could factor that in, will defo look at that.
    Day 4- had to get some essentials today. Needed some face cleanser, normally spend £20, went for a £3.99 one & works a treat! Reminds me of the tv programme (can't remember the name) where they make a family try products without knowing the brand, amazing how we are sucked into spending more for certain brands (esp anti ageing!).I've never considered this for beauty products, defo going to try cheaper alternatives from now on.
    Still to do SOA & plan my budget. Have done meal plan for rest of month. Checking in here defo helps, as I said not a riveting read but its doing the job!
  • Well I'm still on track with no unnecessary purchases. Been at the caravan all weekend, stuck to the meal plan & enjoyed free activities with the kids. Have got loads of bids in tonight for eBay so hoping to make £50, fingers crossed!
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Well I'm still on track with no unnecessary purchases. Been at the caravan all weekend, stuck to the meal plan & enjoyed free activities with the kids. Have got loads of bids in tonight for eBay so hoping to make £50, fingers crossed!

Well done! The caravan sounds great :)
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Made £65, woohoo! :j
    Love the caravan clearmydebts, its right on the beach, never tire of the seaside
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure