PPI template

I have a barclaycard account which is in default. I also have a repayments agreement with barclaycard. I want to claim my ppi but which ppi template do i use CLOSED account or OPEN account. Thanx

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    tylery wrote: »
    I have a barclaycard account which is in default. I also have a repayments agreement with barclaycard. I want to claim my ppi but which ppi template do i use CLOSED account or OPEN account. Thanx

There is no template that differs for open or closed accounts. You use the same complaints method for either.

As you are in default though, the money can be kept on a successful complaint and offset against the debt you have failed to repay. Even if that debt is statute barred. If, as you say, you are still making payments to that debt, then it would reduce that debt.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dunstonh wrote: »
    There is no template that differs for open or closed accounts.
    The MSE advice article does have two differing templates, but they are for first contact with the Bank when enquiring about records or requesting the Agreement.
    I want to claim my ppi but which ppi template do i use CLOSED account or OPEN account. Thanx
    The Bank already definitely have records of your account, so just send a complaint letter. As already noted, if you win redress it's likely the bank will offset it against the monies you still owe from your default.

Don't follow the MSE article too laboriously, you don't need to request the Agreement in your situation. Skip straight to complaint.
  • tylery
    tylery Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thx for your replies. Sorry for being daft how do i go about with the complain letter? Is there a template for it.
  • If you have a complaint you make it (in your own words if possible).

If not you don't.

What is your complaint?

Do remember that you won't get any money yourself, any redress will go towards the money you still owe and failed to pay.
  • tylery
    I was told that if i don't add ppi i wont be able to get the loan.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was told that if i don't add ppi i wont be able to get the loan.

What proof of that do you have?

Do you have anything more substantial such as proof of work benefits that would cover you if you were ill and unable to work or some way of maintaining the payments if you lost your job? Do remember the "family would pay it" works against you as it implies you have no way of repaying your debts if you lost your job (meaning PPI would be useful to you)
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you're still paying it back, open aco!!!!, there's a template questionnaire on the same page as the instructions.

If it was sold prior to 2009, use single premium as a complaint reason.
    Also, as said above, if you are successful, most of the money will go towards paying what you owe back, but hey ho, it's less to pay back, so go for it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • tylery
    Thx guys can I complain direct online? Barclaycard online
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thx guys can I complain direct online? Barclaycard online

If Barclays have a suitable form or email address on their website, yes
  • tylery
    i have sent the ppi claim waiting for the response now. Thx guys for your help. I have just received a letter from barclaycard saying they have now closed the account and they have transferred the account to a company called Asset Link Capital. And i have just checked my credit file and the Asset Link Capital have added a default on my account with 2014 date. I dont have a credit agreement with them but can they enforce this? My credit report is now in red becoz of Asset Link Capital. What can i do or can i stop this transfer. Thx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure