How to lose weight - it's simple

Comments

• A bit of excersise wont cut it, There is a chart tells you how many miles you need o run/swim to burn off say a Mars bar, and its a lot. I have done Michael Mosleys Blood Sugar diet, 800 cal a day, no carb, no diary, I lost 2kg in the first 3 days, 2kg more in the first week. I wont say it was easy. He says dont use low fat "diet" stuff because it is inevitably full of sugar instead.
  • Actually I am smallfreddiel I only weigh in at 75kg.

You don't need to count calories, sheet common sense can tell you if you're eating too much. Use smaller plates if it's too hard for you.

And all low fat foods are loaded with sugar, I said this right at the start of my thread.

Exercise is a waste of time so don't bother wirh going to the gym, but making an effort to walk instead of using the car or lift does help by keeping you fit, well fitter than if you just sit around munching on a bag of crisps watching daytime TV!

Come on people it is easy, don't bother with fads, expensive weight watching drinks, just eat less, eat fresh, and before you know it you will lose kilos

Cheers fj
  • Actually I am smallfreddiel I only weigh in at 75kg.

You don't need to count calories, sheet common sense can tell you if you're eating too much. Use smaller plates if it's too hard for you.

And all low fat foods are loaded with sugar, I said this right at the start of my thread.

Exercise is a waste of time so don't bother wirh going to the gym, but making an effort to walk instead of using the car or lift does help by keeping you fit, well fitter than if you just sit around munching on a bag of crisps watching daytime TV!

Come on people it is easy, don't bother with fads, expensive weight watching drinks, just eat less, eat fresh, and before you know it you will lose kilos

Cheers fj

What if you can't walk and struggle to cook, so much so, you have to rely on others or convenience foods?
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    What if you can't walk and struggle to cook, so much so, you have to rely on others or convenience foods?
    this is me exactly. It's all well and good saying walk half an hour a day when some days I can barely crawl to the toilet! I'm not able to cook because of my disabilities and have to rely on whatever I can manage.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Actually I am smallfreddiel I only weigh in at 75kg.
    This is meaningless without context of height.

Almost 12 stone isn't a great weight if you're only 5 feet tall.
    'Exercise is a waste of time'?
    What do you think walking is then?
    Isn't that exercise? :rotfl:
  • Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    this is me exactly. It's all well and good saying walk half an hour a day when some days I can barely crawl to the toilet! I'm not able to cook because of my disabilities and have to rely on whatever I can manage.

Me too. I have ME/CFS/Fibro and I am similar. I force myself to do the school run - as in park close, walk from the car to the playground and that's pretty much me done. I also need to recover before I can drive home again. And yep, I rely on others cooking too. I struggle to stand and chop and lift.

I never used to be like this before I got ill.
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Actually I am smallfreddiel I only weigh in at 75kg.

Cheers fj

Really? No exercise? Being 4ft 11, I have to exercise to lose weight, reduction in calories just doesn't work. Believe me, when I stopped going to the gym (because of an operation), even with eating the same things as I did before I put on 4kgs! Now that I'm exercising again my weight is going down steadily.

Stop being a close minded idiot and realise different things work for different people!

Oh and I don't watch daytime TV cause I have a job, something that you may not have based on the time of day you post.
  • People do get their knickers in an awful twist! If someone says something that annoys you, just scroll past or look at another thread.
  • Sharon87 wrote: »
    Really? No exercise? Being 4ft 11, I have to exercise to lose weight, reduction in calories just doesn't work. Believe me, when I stopped going to the gym (because of an operation), even with eating the same things as I did before I put on 4kgs! Now that I'm exercising again my weight is going down steadily.

Stop being a close minded idiot and realise different things work for different people!

Oh and I don't watch daytime TV cause I have a job, something that you may not have based on the time of day you post.

Thanks for that, actually I do work, but have a few days off now and then.

Well I can only imagine you are eating too much food, and the wrong sort if you put on 9lbs, that's nine bags of 2lb sugar.

Take a tip, cut out sugar, cut out low fat food, it's full of sugar and eat less.

If you have to exercise to keep your weight level your intake is more than you need without the exercise.

If you like exercising good, keep it up.

If you don't eat less to balance input with output.

Good luck fj
  • Pollycat wrote: »
    This is meaningless without context of height.

Almost 12 stone isn't a great weight if you're only 5 feet tall.

'Exercise is a waste of time'?
    What do you think walking is then?
    Isn't that exercise? :rotfl:

Your right, walking is exercise, well done on pulling me up on that.

But going to the gym to exercise is a waste of time. As is running, swimming, etc. But if you enjoy it do it, if not just walk 30 mins/day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure