Anyone have photos of their Metro Bank debit card?

Curious to see what it looks like in real life.

Would go for the N&P if this one's ugly.

Comments

• Lith
    Lith Posts: 897
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    nnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

isn't mine but came across it on this forum.
    HSBC (Main A/C)
    Halifax Back up A/C
    Lloyds (Spending) A/C
    RBS Back up A/C
    Barclays Old A/C
    Nationwide Old A/C
  • Jew
    Jew Posts: 276 Forumite
    Doesn't look too shabby (but not great either)
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have one and I think it looks horrible, to be perfectly honest. Like they decided not to bother with silly things like graphic designers. It also seems a bit less robust than my other cards, as it's looking a bit worn after 18 months (maybe because they print them in branch). I still like having it though.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • Jew
    benjus wrote: »
    I have one and I think it looks horrible, to be perfectly honest. Like they decided not to bother with silly things like graphic designers. It also seems a bit less robust than my other cards, as it's looking a bit worn after 18 months (maybe because they print them in branch). I still like having it though.

NatWest's cards are also terrible, so, you know — not much of a change for me
  • Crixus00
    Crixus00 Posts: 33 Forumite
    That is one tacky looking card. Reminds me of the old toy cards you got with the play tills from argos etc.
  • talana
    talana Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    Anyone have photos of their Metro Bank debit card?

!!!!!!, surely there are more important issues to consider with banks than what the damn debit card looks like??!!
    Really, who the hell cares......
  • Crixus00
    talana wrote: »
    !!!!!!, surely there are more important issues to consider with banks than what the damn debit card looks like??!!

To be fair, a good looking debit card is a must for any wallet :p

I don't have a £200 wallet for a cheap looking piece of rubbish in there! Call me vain or whatever, i will agree haha
  • Jew
    talana wrote: »

If you're busy considering important issues - why comment on this 'unimportant' issue?

Impressions matter, and if you take out a bank card that looks like crap - you'll also look like crap in front of your clients, investors, employees, employer, etc.

But more importantly, I believe in good design.
  • Crixus00
    Jew wrote: »
    If you're busy considering important issues - why comment on this 'unimportant' issue?

Impressions matter, and if you take out a bank card that looks like crap - you'll also look like crap in front of your clients, investors, employees, employer, etc.

But more importantly, I believe in good design.

Jew knows the score with cards, first impressions matter ;)
  • pvt
    pvt Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Crixus00 wrote: »
    first impressions matter ;)

Never been in a situation were my credit card or debit card was declined by a retailer because of how it looked :rotfl:

And what if you're transacting by telephone - do you guys normally find the retailer/airline/hotel will take your word for how snazzy your card looks, or have you been asked to fax them a copy so their aesthetic standards department can vet it propoerly?

Only thing on any of my cards that's ever resulted in it being declined is the words "American Express".........:(
    Optimists see a glass half full :)
    Pessimists see a glass half empty :(
    Engineers just see a glass twice the size it needed to be :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills