Bath & bathroom sink tap recommendations

Can anyone recommend a decent quality bathroom sink mixer tap and matching bath tap?

When we moved in there were waterfall taps in each of these and they have gradually degraded to the point where turning the tap on is a lottery and easily overshoots the entire sink on anything above 50% open - have read these are unreliable!!

We quite like the squared off aesthetics those taps have but just want standard taps that aren’t going to soak the floor 😂

Comments

• Dan-Dan
    Dan-Dan Posts: 5,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Grohe or blanco, you get what you pay for with taps
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
  • Had this problem with one of our sinks - our plumber just knocked the pressure back a bit on the pipework behind the sink, problem solved and no more damp trousers...
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thanks - it seems to be a common problem with these taps and it gradually gets worse - it seems from what I have read that limescale builds up behind the filter, causing the water to come out at strange angles so even if the pressure was reduced, its still going to spray out unfortunately.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,804 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    There's lots of decent brands and plumbers merchants will also sell good quality contract stuff that isn't branded.

Here's some decent brands though:

Bristan, Tre Mercati, Handsgrohe, Crosswater...
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Cheers - any idea of an approximate cost a plumber might charge for swapping taps out? Appreciate there is regional variances to consider (we are in the north east) but just looking for a ballpark figure.
  • Moss5
    Moss5 Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Just pierce the filer mesh with a screwdriver.
    It serves no real purpose and gets clogged with lime.
    You may have to restrict the flow rate using the isolating ball-valve under the tap to reduce splashing.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Does the pipework feeding the taps have isolation/shut off vaves fitted,if so makes fitting new taps much easier and quicker so will keep the price down,sorry do not know what a plumber will charge you as i did my own,ask around and see if any of your friends/family have used a plumber that they would reccomend and ask him/her for a price.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure