Trail Running Shoes

I'd like to get a pair of trail running shoes but I don't wan to spend too much. I'm thinking sub £50 if I can. Does anyone have a pair or a brand they recommend for price/quality/comfort?
Thanks!

Comments

• Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I have a couple of pairs of Reeboks that I use , Sawcuts

got them direct from the Reebok store , always have a sale on and you can usually find discount codes online and use cashback sites as well

the ones I got are waterproof ( goretex ) well worth the money
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • I have just split my favourites, Asics sonoma. New pair are Salomon peregrine, quite like them so far.

Now is a good time to look as they clear out old season stock.

You need to be aware that these preferences are very individual. If you haven't had any before you really need to try on different styles to find what suits.
  • Get yourself to an independent sports shop, what you think is comfy and fits may not be suitable for your gait, get a professional gait analysis done if your a serious trail runner.
  • Thanks guys! I think I'll wait til the weekend and go round a few shops and see what styles are most comfortable.
  • A decent pair of trail runners are worth it, especially if you like exploring outdoors.

I use trail runners instead of walking boots for longer hikes, lighter on the feet, and a pound off your feet is five pounds off your back.

Can recommend Saucony, Altra and Salomon as solid brands, although a bit pricier.

If you are going to wet places, Goretex is good, but I prefer non-Goretex and some wool socks which will save you money. Once water gets in a goretex shoe (which it will with a low cut trail runner) then it takes FOREVER to air out and dry. non-goretex and wool socks dry as you walk
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Much prefer Inov-8's for off road running, although I do have a pair of Saucony Peregrines for light trails.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Get yourself to an independent sports shop, what you think is comfy and fits may not be suitable for your gait, get a professional gait analysis done if your a serious trail runner.

I’m a bit sceptical of gait analysis in shops. I’ve been told contradictory things in different places.
  • mksysb
    mksysb Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
  • andygb wrote: »
    These aren't bad at all.

These should be normal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income