I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sleep well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mooloo wrote: »
    My artist guy called at 1.30 asking for two more T-shirt dresses asap ideally for a photo shoot tomorrow. I just managed to make two simple dresses by closing time. He wants me to be there for a shoot and see etc there, but I explained to him he cannot afford me as it's £30 an hour for my time,. That he has been lucky that did his work at £10 an hour because I usually do it at home in my own time.
    Well done on not going to the shoot, but why are you giving him mates rates at all? You are WORTH £30 per hour.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Well done on not going to the shoot, but why are you giving him mates rates at all? You are WORTH £30 per hour.

Way back last year my Seamstress accidentally told him £10 an hour, as that's what she earns. I wasn't supposed to stay at that price, but I also wasn't planning to do more for him, I also said that I could only do that in my own time at home. But somehow he always leaves it too late and I end up doing it at work in a rush, which should actually be Premium charge with an extra 10%. I told you, I am just not a very good negotiator. I am not so good at saying enough is enough, I did try before Christmas and gave him the other Seamstress in towns details. Hoping he would go there, but actually at the moment I am enjoying making and the shop is quiet.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Steady trickle of people in today. But nothing big or exciting yet.
    Biggest rang, she had to take Dgd2 to A&E as she was having breathing difficulties. All I know is that she has been given a nebuliser. I hope that she is ok. Bless her she has her hands full with her husband always away with his job. I was on standby to look after the toddler and baby but her best friend was able to help, which is good as I had curtains to turn around today.
    Just having a lunch break now that I finished the curtains and before I start the next job.
    Brrr I am cold!

The brother of the ex boyfriend who is in a care home has been in touch asking me to go to see him. I will bite the bullet and go briefly in a few days when I can arrange it. He has been moved to my town so I don't really think I have much choice but to pop in. It will be a very hard thing for me to do. I do feel for the family as all 3 of the brothers have cancer, one died last year and it looks like the other two are soon to follow.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Oh dear! That's very sad, do you mean the ex is also ill?
    It would be a kind thing to do since the brother has asked to see you.
    I'm sure dgd2 will be fine now she's treated. I'm guessing she has asthma?
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Litha
    Litha Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi Mooloo,
    I'm just popping on very briefly to say that this artist is NOT playing fair. He knows fine the sort of rates he should be paying ( the fact that he is asking for more makes shows that he knows he is onto a good deal)
    I have copied and pasted an example of suggested rates for artists ( from Scottish Artists Union) just to show you the rates suggested to practicing artists.
    I hope you find it helpful ( I must dash, Mum's taxi is needed again)
    PM me if you want any more info.
    Linda x
    RATES OF PAY 2018

Rates of Pay should apply to a wide range of freelance and short contract employment from consultancy work, project planning and development, to all aspects of workshop delivery (set up, execution, clear up) and other freelance activity. Rates exclude artist’s expenses for a specific project and VAT where relevant.

Hourly Rates 2018 (2017)

£21.60 (£20.77) per hour for a new graduate artist.

£27.99 (£26. 91) per hour for an artist with +3 year’s experience.

£34.58 (£32.03) per hour for an artist with +5 year’s experience.

Sessional Rates 2018 (2017)

Day rates are based on an 8-hour day, minimum ‘call’ is for a 4-hour session. Additional hours over 8-hours should be at a minimum of the appropriate hourly rate (see above).

New Graduate Artist

4-hour minimum call - £86.40 (£81.50)

8-hour day rate - £172.81 (£163.00)

3+ Years Experience

4-hour minimum call - £111.95 (£107.50)

8-hour day rate - £223.89 (£215.00)

5+ Years Experience

4-hour minimum call - £138.32 (£133.00)

8-hour day rate - £276.64 (£266.00)

The variations in rates relate to qualifications/experience, which are defined by ‘years as a working artist’, and would be evidenced by a professional CV, indicating the artist’s records and/or unique attributes.
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have :heart:
  • Savvy_sewing
    Dhd2 is still in hospital. Praying for her to stabilise.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Oh no,
    Wishing her a speedy recovery.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Litha
    Litha Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Sending love and healing vibes.
    I hope she makes a speedy recovery. x
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have :heart:
  • Mooloo wrote: »
    Dhd2 is still in hospital. Praying for her to stabilise.

Sending heaps of positive thoughts and feel better quickly vibes her way :lovethoug
    Hugs for you too Mooloo
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts