July 2012 Brides and Grooms

Comments

• Well I thought of a few things I like the idea of so will cost them up and then put my sister in charge of organising it. I like the idea of knowing where im going but having a few suprises!! I have been on a hen weekend in centre parcs and that was great (gave a good balance of pamper, giggles and dancing) so thats on my maybe list, my sister has a few places she thinks will be good. And im sure ill come up with a few more ideas- thats the only bad thing about having so much time, it gives me time to chop and change my mind!! If I have a weekend away I would also want a night out locally as I apprieciate some people cant come away.

What ideas have you got?
  • Lauralou
    Lauralou Posts: 983 Forumite
    Pretty much the same as you:D Im thinking maybe a spa weekend with my closest friends, mum and sister. I also thinking of going to bingo(:rotfl:) then night out after.
    Im sure my plans will all change
  • Oooh just found this thread! I'm getting married 21st July 2012 as well, in Blackpool. I've booked and paid deposit for venue and dress, and bought favours but thats about it so far lol!! Really need to look at photographers but they are so expensive lol!!!Ive been to 2 wedding fairs and they were so good!! Got a big 1 in 2 weeks so hoping to strike a deal lol :)
  • Lauralou
    Welcome littlemisspink:D

I love going to wedding fayres, ive also got a big one in 3weeks and im hoping to book the car.
    I found photographers expensive as well, see if you could get a good deal at the wedding fayre.
  • Ive only been to 1 wedding fayre so far and it wasnt a very good one so it has put me off a bit- there is a big one near me in Feb (well theres 2 that i think will be good but are typically on the same day and I cant decide which one to go to!!).

Good luck with the wedding fayre Misslittle pink- hope you manage to get a good deal and book your photographer.:)
  • Thanks ladies. I can't wait til the wedding fair next week. Wedding plans were put on hold a little in the run up to xmas lol. Pinkprincess, don't let the 1 bad one put you off!! I must admit, the 1st one I went to, they were a bit pushy, and reminded me of those posh shops were they keep asking what you're looking for, if you need any help etc, but the 2nd was great!! The one next week is in the Hilton so am hoping this will be a good one!! May also have found a photographer as well, iconic moments. Someone posted the link on Bounty website and looks quite a good deal, although need to see some photos as the ones on the site seem ok, but really want them perfect lol!! What kind of budgets do you have? Mine keeps going up lol, am at about £8k now, but thats inc honeymoon :)
  • Lauralou
    aww pinkprincess sorry you didnt enjoy your first wedding fayre i would def go again. I did find lots of people were pushing to get in front of you at the stands but it made me feel even more excited!!:)

We got our wedding photographer coming round on Saturday so we can pay the deposit by cash (so we don't have to pay VAT!) and to look through his albums again and confirm everything.

To be honest we havnt really done a budget yet, seen my sisters and hers was £7000 but she isnt having a car and spending less on a photographer. Ours will prob be between 8-10k.
  • I will be going to another one- i havent let it put me off, it was just in a small location with too many companies and people for the space- and also it seemed to be the most expensive and extravagant companies there, but roll on the ones in Feb!!:)

Goodluck LauraLou with the photographer on sat.

Our budget is quite a bit smaller than yours, but i like a good bargain hunt!! And thats one good thing about having plenty of time, gives me plenty of time to shop around and find the best price!!

How many bridesmaids are you both having?
  • I will be going to another one- i havent let it put me off, it was just in a small location with too many companies and people for the space- and also it seemed to be the most expensive and extravagant companies there, but roll on the ones in Feb!!:)

Goodluck LauraLou with the photographer on sat.

Our budget is quite a bit smaller than yours, but i like a good bargain hunt!! And thats one good thing about having plenty of time, gives me plenty of time to shop around and find the best price!!

How many bridesmaids are you both having?

My budget for the actual wedding was about £5k to start and not going too far off it at the min!! The rest is honeymoon to Disney, am so excited am obsessed with tinkerbell lol.
    We're having quite a few bm's. Having my daughter and youngest step-daughter as flowergirls, who will be 4 and 7. 2 child bm's who are my daughter and step daughter who will be 11 and 9, and 3 adults, OH's sister, my sister and best friend. Gonna be mental!! I havent got any parents, so our little boy who will be 3 is giving me away, kinda scared bout that 1 lol, so just hope he behaves!! Got my dress, tiara and veil half price in the sale after xmas, so proper bargain, thats why got it so early!! Was £800 for all 3 :) Just looking at photographers, and have now found several who have packages around the £500 mark. Im mainly after copyright free dvds/cds so can print as many as I want, but am so picky lol. Dont know where to start with questions and things so have put off calling any yet!! BHS have just launched their new wedding ranges, have you checked them out? Gorgeous bm's dresses!! Want to start buying them now but knowing my luck kids will have growth spurt lol.
    How many bm's are you having? Have you bought much yet (apologies if you have already said lol)
  • Wow, thats quite a few bridesmaids/ flowergirls, and that is so lovely about your little boy giving you away. Im having 2 of my sisters as bridesmaids and my niece as flowergirl.

I have only got one thing so far and that was a bargain from BHS in the sale, I got my flowergirl dress reduced from £40 to £20, its plain ivory and its lovely- if she has a growth spurt Ill ebay it!! I love the fushia dresses in BHS, I do have quite an age gap between my 2 bridesmaids though so am worried that the dresses wont suit their ages. I have found a site where I can get them almost identical but with different necklines so may go for that.

I havent got my dress yet, but if I see one of the local dress shops has a sale then Ill be going in to see what they have. Sounds like you got a good bargain with your dress- only thing that worries me about getting a dress soon is that Ill want to wear it and try it on all the time!!

Oh I see you got your favours, what have your got? I dont think im going to have favours as I really want a sweetie buffet so will have that instead!:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure