July 2011 Brides

Options
been on the june 2011 brides however think a July 1 needed to be started as i can't see one

30th July for me

so far a date and a few arguements if its gonna be here or abroad!!
Married my amazing hubby on 8th September 2012 :j:j

Comments

• CowChop
    CowChop Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Saintly,
    Congratulations!
    I am going to be a July 2011 bride too, we cant set our date until december this year but we're aiming for either 2nd or 9th July 2011. We've got a few ideas and we've chosen our registry office but thats it so far.
  • saintly_2
    saintly_2 Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    oooh a july bride doesnt seem that many a the moment altho im sure it will fill up soon haha

congrats cowchop xx
  • saintly_2
    Options
    im acting like bridezilla already and its 2 years ish away!! at the rate im doin the OH's head in i dont think there will be a wedding. i just cant stop talkin about budgets and what ive found....currently my sentences start with "saw a thread on the wedding board and.........."

i dont want a big posh wedding tryin to keep it to 4k, going to be a landy / milly bride, doin my own flowers, invitations as i keep saying to people i dont want a lot but i dont want to look back at my wedding an say i wish i'd had......

i've had a serious think today an im controllin everything so have said to OH to think about what he wants to organise. which made me worse, he wants to name the tables after films....he is a film geek. dont want them called that but im soooo controlling i gotta let it go and move on!!

not many july 11 brides here yet but just needed a rant
  • CowChop
    CowChop Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I know how you feel! I'm gettin gstressed already too! We're trying to keep ours small and as inexpensive... our register office only seats about 30 people so we decided we'd only have our imediate family plus his best man and my bridesmaid and their families... I've already got a couple of friends who are in a mood with me because they cant come... and one who's fiance has said we cant go to theirs... and now my OH has decided he wants two of our mutual friends to come, which will only create more problems with friends and family who cant come. Other than that I cant get my OH to make any decisions, he says its my day so its up to me but I want it to be special for both of us.... grrr!
    The thought of running to get married is sounding tempting!
  • saintly_2
    Options
    my OH is exactly the same, its my day blah blah blah but its frustrating! we wanted a small wedding however the day list is at 75, 31 of these are mine (close family) so a word in his ear is going to happen as we cant afford to have 75 in the day and 150 at night!

its your day, your paying for it, you can pick and choose who you want, in a ideal world you would have all of them! i think people shud realise that!

running awy sounds perfect haha
  • somerset-girl
    Options
    Hello!
    Can i join you - just booked the wedding for 30th July 2011. So excited. Let the planning commence! :beer:
    Declutter 100 items in Jan 11/100
  • poolygal
    poolygal Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join you? No firm plans yet, but hopefully booking a venue soon for July 2011.

And yes, so far there have been one or two arguments!
  • wkdhoney
    wkdhoney Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a July bride! 24th July 2010! I'm getting married in a zoo :D
    Mortgage Free by 40 Challenge #19
  • Cookiemonster24
    Options
    I am getting married 30th July 2011,registrar permitting,although its not 100% at this moment in time.When dp and I first started talking about getting married,we said a registry office,bbq at home and then a reception in a venue for the evening but now we are looking into things properly,our attitudes are changing,we have looked at a Holiday Inn wedding for £999 but it restricts you on numbers and the day you can get married plus you have to pay for the registrar or I like the idea of sit down meal/buffet with the whole speeches thing(as never had that the first time round),so was thinking married at registry office then find a community hall get caterers,etc and do it that way?
    Anyway good luck to all the ladies organising their weddings:)
    Andrea xxx
  • poolygal
    poolygal Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Aside from venue, what other planning have we all done? So far my venue is pretty much decided upon and in place, but I'm not sure when to start thinking about photographers, cars etc. I react really badly when stressed, so I'd like to plan this wedding gradually, but is now too early to do things like this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure