IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks Appeal

Options
Hello all, have done all the newbie related reading and submitted by appeal to ECP and now have my POPLA code.

In the reply from ECP they have stated (after advising rejection);
 Parking at the above site is limited to 180 minutes.
 Your vehicle was parked longer than 180 minutes, therefore the notice was issued correctly
and remains payable.

They have also attached pictures of the (small) signs advising how long you can stay in the car park. 3 hours 0800-2000. 1 hour 20:01-0759.

I was in the car park for less than 180 minutes, however i was parked in the 20:01-07:59 time period where i should only be there for 1 hour. Is this my golden ticket due to ECP not responding to my appeal properly?

Thank you.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I was in the car park for less than 180 minutes, however i was parked in the 20:01-07:59 time period where i should only be there for 1 hour. Is this my golden ticket due to ECP not responding to my appeal properly?
    Nope.

Did you arrive after 20:01?

What happened when you complained to the retailer or were you not using them?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • botchla
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Nope.

Did you arrive after 20:01?

What happened when you complained to the retailer or were you not using them?
    Yes i arrived after 20:01.

It was in a retail park so several shops located within, i did use the McDonalds at the time but haven't seen much joy in here when complaining to a single shop in a retail park.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have seen McDonalds managers cancel. Try that first, in person, taking the PCN in.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten of these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra work.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    [/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure