I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I may be wrong but I seem to recall there were Euros left either after Portugal when her and her mum didn't go out as much as planned due to sickness and her mums exhaustion or possibly after her mums holiday with her brother . Happy to be corrected if wrong .
    polly

To be fair to other posters, Euros aren't Monopoly money. They can be changed to Sterling easily. Just because there are some left doesn't mean they have to be kept and spent on another holiday.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I might be wrong, but I'm thinking Mooloo wants another hols, due to the fact the last one wasn't the best:(
    If someone paid for a hols for me, I'd be off like a shot:D
    Yea there are things that need sorting at home, but I doubt a week away, will make any difference to these issues :)After all, they have been going on for years, n aren't going to be resolved anytime soon :o
    Enjoy Malta Mooloo x
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ognum wrote: »
    Mooloo writes on an open forum, many people have read this thread for a long time, readers will remember what has been written or can read back.

Why get so wound up about it?

Because I suppose, it sounds like unfair criticism to me.
    When obvious things are happening, like her family taking advantage of her, people post to remind her that his happening. When someone critices her for going on holiday, bearing in mind most of her life is firefighting everyone else problems, a week [o two] away where you can leave those things behind and recharge doesn't sound worthy of criticism. I wouldn't class time away with my parent a holiday because I'm not relaxed, I'm worrying about what happens next and the pressure of making sure they are ok.
    Of course, I could be projecting that part.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • candygirl wrote: »
    If someone paid for a hols for me, I'd be off like a shot:D

Too right! Moo, it is obvious to me that your pal really values your friendship. What a fantastic opportunity, to spend a week in beautiful Malta as simply a friend. Not a daughter, Mum, grandma, worker, babysitter, dogsbody etc...just YOU. Just what the doctor ordered!
  • Well I'm off to bed . My earlier post critical of the holiday was before Mooloo pointed out no debt would be involved . If a week in the sun can give her the chance to rest a bit maybe it's worth leaving things behind and coming back with her batteries recharged to start again.

But Mooloo get that info from your son after this weeks meeting and start trying to sort that before you go away .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Well I'm off to bed . My earlier post critical of the holiday was before Mooloo pointed out no debt would be involved . If a week in the sun can give her the chance to rest a bit maybe it's worth leaving things behind and coming back with her batteries recharged to start again.

But Mooloo get that info from your son after this weeks meeting and start trying to sort that before you go away .
    pollyx

DS sent the payment over without my having to nag which is good. Biggests payment also comes in without fail every month.

Yes I will still chase DS.
    Social meeting has been postponed so I will call him tomorrow.
    Holiday with Mum was tiring as it tied me down.
    Yes I am lucky to have good friends that I don't have to blow the budget with. I am going while Dgd is with her Mum in the school holidays. Not to run away from my problems. I do chase the sun in a way, as it helps with the SAD, but this occasion my friend also needs a change of scenery.
    Someone mentioned about my cashing in the Euros. Yes I did cash some in, but while clearing out my room I found more.
    Even if I hadn't found them, I would have used my holiday saving pot.
    Have you ever read a book called The Richest Man in Babylon?
    I put 10% of my income straight into three different pots.
    The Holiday, The Emergency, and the Debt pot. So every week money goes in those pots before the bills. Yes I used it all up in the beginning of January clearing up as much as I could, and then each time I get an income I put my 10% back in the pot.
    (Or near as I can), so I would have the spending money available for a week quite easily and quickly.

I understand that I am not settled and I yo-yo and that I find it hard to let go, and I do still want to settle down in Portugal but I also enjoy seeing the world. I will continue to take every opportunity I see to go away. Life is too short not to.
    Another person died this week, the wife of my Ex that died last week. Obviously I am not devastated by the news, although I am deeply saddened for her Son, but it just reminds me even more how life is for living.
    I am going to live my life, for me. Not for everyone else, but for me.
    I will not turn my back on everyone, but I intend to enjoy whatever I can when ever the black dog lifts.
    Yes the things that I endured in my past were not all Roses, but I am not dwelling on it. It does affect my hoarding and my want to move, and if I can not afford my Portugal dream then I will enjoy as many trips away as I can while I can. Who knows what is around the corner for any of us? It might be my time is shorter than I expect.
    I intend to live up to my borrowed motto,
    I will have lived, loved and mattered.

Tomorrow I am up early to sew as after dinner I couldn't be bothered too. I binged watched last weeks A Place to call Home while enjoying the feeling of new beginnings with my flooring and my desk etc, and wondering what fabric I will make my curtains out of and cover the sofa with. That is one sewing job I will definitely enjoy.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    PS. I am still cutting my coat according to my cloth, and not adding to my debt. The target is debt free by end of July.
    The curtains and sofa cover will come from my stash of fabrics.
    When I return I will be organising the Sale of the retail products, and we are already getting in bookings for wedding and proms. I have had a good feedback about relocating to work from home, and I am up for the challenge of the change.

Now, definitely bedtime!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Mooloo have yo ever considered an actual hard copy diary, where you don't have to justify yourself?
    Too many us dabble in a bit of amateur counselling on here and I doubt it is that healthy.
    Now I think of it, you mentioned diaries re writing a book ?
    I am aware there is a certain irony in me posting this but you have my word I'll,not post my thoughts on your thread again. Having seen how it has become a kind of hobby for some.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Way to go Mooloo! :T

You sound positive and focused, which is brilliant to hear. Stay determined to do what YOU want to do and I'm sure you'll get there. Great news about positive feedback regarding working from home.... Just remember to tell all and sundry not to phone unless it's work related and that your not at home for their convenience. :D

Enjoy your holiday :beer: X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Omg Moolo, what did the exe' s wife die of?That's awful :eek:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories