The Great Big Green Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    You carry on sacrificing children on your green altar if that's what you feel comfortable with.

The reference to "old(er) men" isn't very PC in these days of sexual equality is it Mart?

Spinny squirrels again I see!

BTW - I think women would run things much better, and whilst there is probably a few 'naughty' women involved, most of the carp being directed at 'da yuff' is from old(er) men, who should know better.

And dare I say, would know better, if they took time to listen to the younger generations.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,072 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Spinny squirrels again I see!

BTW - I think women would run things much better, and whilst there is probably a few 'naughty' women involved, most of the carp being directed at 'da yuff' is from old(er) men, who should know better.
    I think you'll find GT has 2 parents - one of each sex.

This is a child that's been indoctrinated & coached to deliver her parent's message - shameful.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • pile-o-stone
    pile-o-stone Posts: 396 Forumite
    edited 13 October 2019 at 4:42PM
    Options
    I think you'll find GT has 2 parents - one of each sex.

This is a child that's been indoctrinated & coached to deliver her parent's message - shameful.

You REALLY need to contact the helpline.

https://twitter.com/markhumphries/status/1177178666402365440

Nick - "Well I don't know why she gets to fist-bump Obama when I've never gotten to"
    Mart - "Have you considered launching your own global movement?"
    Nick - "But is so much easier to sh it on someone else's"

" It’s almost impossible to believe that right-wingers would get quite this riled up over seeing a child believe in something. At the end of the day, the only explanation is that they believe in nothing.
    5.18 kWp PV systems (3.68 E/W & 1.5 E).
    Solar iBoost+ to two immersion heaters on 300L thermal store.
    Vegan household with 100% composted food waste
    Mini orchard planted and vegetable allotment created.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

As true and fact based as all of your other posts.

Perhaps, you could show some respect for a young lady who has been forced to act because we failed too.

Perhaps you should show some respect for a young lady who accepts the hard reality of science and facts, rather than hiding, like you, behind excuses and diet denial.

Once again, this is the green and ethical board, not the dirty FF denial board.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The tone of this therad is progressively deteriorating.

This would probably be a good time for everybody to play some whale music, light a jostick and have a cup of herbal tea whilst doing some yoga in a darkened room.

Or perhaps discuss a lighter, less controversial subject - like Brexit.....

(Said to you all in my capacity as holier than though, have used offensive language in the past but now converted sinner......)
  • 1961Nick
    Options
    Using a child with several mental health conditions to deliver a message is pretty low ... almost as low as those that condone that kind of behaviour.

I thought her performance at the UN was very uncomfortable to watch & the message was lost in concern for her mental well-being. I was grateful when she finally got through it.
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • JKenH
    JKenH Posts: 4,793 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps I'm struggling with your inconsistency then? you seem to be saying that fossil fuels have been good for the development of our society and that there has been no negative effects and that young people arguing against FF should understand this.

Yet you're also agreeing with the young people you just pilloried, when you say we should move away from these same fossil fuels and that less developed parts of the world shouldn't follow us down the same glorious FF path. I don't understand your two points as they would seem to be at odds with each other?

Maybe this from Mart will help you understand
    So, what's the reality? FF's have raised our technology and standard of living levels massively, and brought numerous benefits to most.

But, we then realised that the cost of FF's was far higher than we'd thought. Anyone's fault, no, FF's fault, no.

And putting aside the simply unforgiveable actions of the vested interest industries in lying about the issue, simply for monetary gain, nobody is actually at fault for there being a problem.

The fault lies simply with inaction, or too little action going forward.

The greatest gift that FF's have given us, is a high enough technological level to no longer need FF's. We don't need to hate them, we don't need to kill them off, but we can thank them for their service and allow them to enjoy a peaceful retirement.

Fossil fuels have been the bedrock of our industrial development but now we need to move on.
    Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
  • JKenH
    Options
    I think we're struggling with the same issue Mart. We are forgetting that we are posting on a moneysaving board. While you and I (and a few others) may be interested in the application of Green Tech for Green and Ethical reasons, the other members are interested in Moneysaving. Oh, and one or two are just here for a rumble.

We're not in Navitron anymore, Toto.

You are quite right, this is a money saving website so no apologies from me for looking at ways to save money using green technology or posting my views on it.

I really don’t understand why in post # 60 you decided to start calling me a troll when you had proposed this thread as a place to discuss the more left field and controversial ideas you felt were messing up the other threads.
    Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
  • JKenH
    Options
    You (and Ken and GA) can live in a bubble of denial, or diet denial, all you like, but this is a green and ethical board, and AGW is a scientific fact, not something to be played with, with silly spin and nonsense arguments.
    It is a green and ethical money saving board, not a board for discussion of AGW, legal action against FF companies or propagation of your religious views.
  • 1961Nick
    Options
    JKenH wrote: »
    It is a green and ethical money saving board, not a board for discussion of AGW, legal action against FF companies or propagation of your religious views.
    I reckon 1 & 3 have become one for some of us.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure