ERUDIO student loans help

Comments

• Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Unfortunately I don't know that there's much you can do. Do you have it in writing that they won't accept emailed deferment forms as that bit is simply wrong, I defer via email every year and have done for a while now.
  • Lungboy
    Forumite
    It seems to be settlement offer season. Latest one is for 30% of my balance. Tempting but I'm deferred so no thanks.
  • VonPaz
    VonPaz Posts: 7 Forumite
    I have reached age cancellation age after 25 years have elapsed since I took my last student loan out. Letter from Erudio "The balance of your loan has been cancelled. Your account will now be closed."
    I've finally paid for all those beers.
  • plong979
    plong979 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Update: due to eurido not playing fair since they took over, my loans are now SB since its been over 6 years since I was deferred by SLC.

Replied to my latest PAP letter from Dryden with SB letter and dry replied saying account closed with them so all comms back to erudio.
  • My single student loan from 1995 is nearly 25 years old.
    Erudio claim my account is in arrears since I applied for deferment using their first new DAF, back in the day, but I didn't sign my application where they wanted me to sign it. You know the story.
    Long story short (documented earlier in this thread), I am expecting to go to court over this, and I would like to be bringing the case before they start chasing me.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they sent me a "loan has matured" type of attack soon.
    Any advice on taking them to court? Small claims I guess.
    The original loan was one thousand pounds. Interest over this time has raised the total to about £1,800.
    My average income over these 25 years has been about five thousand pounds per year. Maybe lower. Ball park.
    Erudio had written to me saying they would remove the arrears if they deferred me by my signing one of their DAFs in a subsequent cycle. That deferment application was accepted, but guess what; arrears remained.
    The "arrears" were recorded against me as my bank continually reclaimed the Direct Debit snatches which they illegally (in my considered opinion) made from my bank account.

• Did they put it in writing about wiping the arrears? Calls will be recorded. Easy complaint and if not wiped go to the Ombudsman. 

My single student loan from 1995 is nearly 25 years old.
    Erudio claim my account is in arrears since I applied for deferment using their first new DAF, back in the day, but I didn't sign my application where they wanted me to sign it. You know the story.
    Long story short (documented earlier in this thread), I am expecting to go to court over this, and I would like to be bringing the case before they start chasing me.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they sent me a "loan has matured" type of attack soon.
    Any advice on taking them to court? Small claims I guess.
    The original loan was one thousand pounds. Interest over this time has raised the total to about £1,800.
    My average income over these 25 years has been about five thousand pounds per year. Maybe lower. Ball park.
    Erudio had written to me saying they would remove the arrears if they deferred me by my signing one of their DAFs in a subsequent cycle. That deferment application was accepted, but guess what; arrears remained.
    The "arrears" were recorded against me as my bank continually reclaimed the Direct Debit snatches which they illegally (in my considered opinion) made from my bank account.

• I read it in black and white; not an elaborate paraphrase from what I recall.
    I have been searching for the letter. I made a subject access request, so I have got a lot of terrible photocopies to search through.
    Either way, I clearly applied for deferment, well ahead of time. There shouldn't be arrears, and I need to put this to a judge/magistrate/tribunal somewhere.

GinOClock said:
    Did they put it in writing about wiping the arrears? Calls will be recorded. Easy complaint and if not wiped go to the Ombudsman. 

• "If you continue to refuse to complete and sign a DAF, the arrears on your account will not be removed and you will remain liable to make payments. However, as we have previously offered [# and had withdrawn #], if you now return a completed and signed DAF to us, and we are able to accept this as showing your eligibility for deferral, we will back date the start date of your deferment period to the date of your original request (28 November 2014) as a gesture of goodwill. This will remove the arrears from your account. We confirm that your completion and signature of the DAF does not change the terms and conditions that you signed up to when you entered into the agreements for your student loan."

GinOClock said:
    Did they put it in writing about wiping the arrears? Calls will be recorded. Easy complaint and if not wiped go to the Ombudsman. 

• "If you continue to refuse to complete and sign a DAF, the arrears on your account will not be removed and you will remain liable to make payments. However, as we have previously offered [# and had withdrawn #], if you now return a completed and signed DAF to us, and we are able to accept this as showing your eligibility for deferral, we will back date the start date of your deferment period to the date of your original request (28 November 2014) as a gesture of goodwill. This will remove the arrears from your account. We confirm that your completion and signature of the DAF does not change the terms and conditions that you signed up to when you entered into the agreements for your student loan."

GinOClock said:

There we go. Copy that to complaints@erudiostudentloans.co.uk. 
    Ask them to remove the arrears and to compensate you for distress and inconvenience or you'll go to the Ombudsman. I asked the ombudsman if it is frowned upon to remind Erudio of the £550 case fee incurred by the ombudsman and they said it's fine to add. 
  • Lungboy
    Forumite
    As stated, formal written complaint to Erudio first, then to the FOS if Erudio refuse.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback