Feltham London

Options
billy2shots
billy2shots Posts: 1,122 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Travelling up to see the Rugby this weekend at Twickenham with a few friends.
3 of us (males) will stay and have booked a hotel in Feltham Hounslow due to cost and ease of getting to the stadium.

We will stay in Twickenham after the game (Fiji v Barbarians) and head to the hotel late at night.

Research shows it’s not the safest part of the world. The hotel is 9 minutes walk from Feltham station.
Does anyone know if it’s safe to walk or is the station big enough to have regular taxis waiting?

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When did Feltham leave the UK?
  • Duckyduck
    Options
    As 3 lads you’ll be fine, if you go looking for a fight you’ll probably get one, but that could happen most places, but just keep to yourselves and you’ll be fine. Felthams not the best part of the world but it doesn’t feel dangerous (I’ve stayed at the travelodge there a few times arriving late at night and it’s fine, be aware of your surroundings like you should be anywhere and it’ll probably be uneventful.

If it’s the travelodge it’s more like 5 min walk, round a pedestrianised area so walking just as quick as a taxi.

There is a taxi rank at the station, but between train and taxi and Uber from Twickenham might be better value between 3.
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
  • billy2shots
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »

Sorry, couldn’t find the right place the ‘and travel planning ‘ got me. Must have read it out of context.
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well im confused by this post.

Someone else has already queried when feltham left the uk.

But this weekend its barbarians vs fiji not australia at twickenham its the killik cup!
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Options
    I've often stopped at the Feltham Travelodge after attending matches at Twickenham. It's not the prettiest or most exciting part of London but it's only a couple of stops away and I've never had a problem.

If you want a few drinks after the game I would head into Richmond as Twickenham itself gets too busy on matchdays and there is nothing in Feltham apart from a McDonalds and Wetherspoons.
  • billy2shots
    Options
    The hotel is the St Giles Hotel.
    Looks like a one way system as walking is quicker than taxi judging by google maps.

Thanks Doshwaster and Duckyduck
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »

Now moved back to the UK!

OP I've moved your thread to the more appropriate board. Safe travels!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • billy2shots
    Options
    Many thanks
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Options
    The hotel is the St Giles Hotel.
    Looks like a one way system as walking is quicker than taxi judging by google maps.

Thanks Doshwaster and Duckyduck

Looks about a 5 min walk, max.

The last time I was in Feltham was a few months ago and they had the whole area around the railway station dug up for roadworks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure