edited 14 September 2017 at 2:53PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Octopus Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• kevcoo
    kevcoo Posts: 18 Forumite
    Changed over to them last week,Direct Debit taken,but shows balance at 0.00,very disappointed at this,that is important to me,a week now and still not showing payment. contacted them twice,but still no joy
  • kevcoo
    Well,now the 5th July,direct debit paid in on the 24th June as stated
    still showing a fantastic balance of £0.00
    Said they would look into it , still the same and next dd due in 2 days,good job I can monitor it myself,been with them since the 23rd June , how much longer,till I loose my temper,not very long,why do these small companies never seem to get their act together ?
    report back soon
  • kevcoo
    Balance showing now in account last night,but a payment was made this morning,and wow,to my surprise the new balance was showing by 9.30am in my account,the switch went perfect,and if you email them they get back to you very quickly,so would seem it was a tech. hitch in my account,now rectified well done the Octopus team
  • kevcoo
    Quick update brilliant company and website lovely,clear and simple , not fair to them at start now everything perfect,recommend them to anyone
  • I signed up to Octopus Energy after finding out that I could save over £500 (I was with British Gas). I was a little apprehensive of joining them because they are new, but my mind was eased when I saw their tech blog. Being a software developer myself, it was assuring to see the tech and developers behind the company. That might sound strange, but it gave me peace of mind.

The transfer from British Gas to Octopus Energy has been seamless. I was kept informed during the whole process by email. Submitting meter readings is painless and their website is very easy to use and slick. Another very good thing to see is the ability to set up a private password. This password is in addition to the regular website login password and is used by the customer to verify that the person you're speaking to from Octopus Energy is actually from Octopus Energy. This is a great security feature for phone calls and for visits.

I am very happy, so far, with Octopus Energy, their prices and their service. I post this review in the hope that others will join the company and help keep them around.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I signed up to Octopus Energy after finding out that I could save over £500 (I was with British Gas). I was a little apprehensive of joining them because they are new, but my mind was eased when I saw their tech blog. Being a software developer myself, it was assuring to see the tech and developers behind the company. That might sound strange, but it gave me peace of mind.

The transfer from British Gas to Octopus Energy has been seamless. I was kept informed during the whole process by email. Submitting meter readings is painless and their website is very easy to use and slick. Another very good thing to see is the ability to set up a private password. This password is in addition to the regular website login password and is used by the customer to verify that the person you're speaking to from Octopus Energy is actually from Octopus Energy. This is a great security feature for phone calls and for visits.

I am very happy, so far, with Octopus Energy, their prices and their service. I post this review in the hope that others will join the company and help keep them around.

Thank you for taking the time to join MSE and post your very glowing report of this supplier.

I would suggest you are both a high user of energy and that you were previously on British Gas's most expensive variable rate tariff to obtain the savings you did.

You could probably have saved even more if you had looked at seperate suppliers for your gas and electricity, but well done on saving at least the £500+ you did! :money:

Every little helps!
  • footyguy wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to join MSE and post your very glowing report of this supplier.

I would suggest you are both a high user of energy and that you were previously on British Gas's most expensive variable rate tariff to obtain the savings you did.

You could probably have saved even more if you had looked at seperate suppliers for your gas and electricity, but well done on saving at least the £500+ you did! :money:

Every little helps!
    I work from home and I am a carer for my elderly mother, so there is always something on using energy. I was on British Gas' standard tariff and I didn't have the patience to find separate gas and electricity tariffs before moving. This is my first energy switch, so I'm happy with the savings I found... for now!
  • We joined Octopus Energy from EDF back in July. The switch went very smoothly so I have had no need to contact them since the switch. We are quite heavy users of energy so the potentails savings were fairly large. We opted for the 12 month fix offered at the time.
  • Always on the lookout for the best tariffs but have had so many hassles in the past that I have been with my previous supplier (EDF) for longer than I should have. Finally made the switch to Octopus Energy and it has been a revelation. One email to sign up and then a few emails from them along the way confirming what is happening and then hey presto I was no longer with EDF. No phone calls needed, just a very smooth process. Monthly meter readings are a breeze too. Just enter your readings in the email reminder they send you (your previous readings are shown there for reference) and click submit. No logging into a separate account with usernames and passwords. 5 out of 5.
  • Switch went smoothly, and first DD was taken as expected, so no issues so far (and last two switches were much more painful).

I've only contacted to make a debit card topup payment, as I had a credit with previous supplier so wanted to transfer winter buffer, I had to pay over the phone as website doesn't accept card payments, and after a few days the payment was not showing on my account yet, but I emailed to query this and had a prompt reply to say payment was accepted on a separate card payment system, they have a manual process to add to account currently so there is a delay for this to show on website, not an issue as its a winter buffer for me anyway, so as long as it shows up before bills I can't complain.

So far so good.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure