Advertising agency owes me money for a piece of work but has stopped responding to emails

Hello, I created a peice of work for one of the big banks but was commissioned by a large advertising agency.

The payment is now 3 weeks overdue, when it was first overdue the emails with my contact in the company copied in people apparently from accounts and apologised for the delay. This happened three times and no one from accounts ever contacted me, so I'm assuming as soon as they sent the email they sent another to the accounts saying ignore that I'm just fobbing them off. Now my contact at the company doesn't respond.

I have a paper chain of the work and agreement on the price so I intend to take them to a small claims.

Are my steps now to issue the final demand? Should I also say if no response within a week that the payment is on its way then I will file a small claims? Is it worth contacting the big bank to say they will be identified in the claim as the agency is not paying for the work?

Thanks

Comments

• scoly
    scoly Posts: 77 Forumite
    Hello, I created a peice of work for one of the big banks but was commissioned by a large advertising agency.

The payment is now 3 weeks overdue, when it was first overdue the emails with my contact in the company copied in people apparently from accounts and apologised for the delay. This happened three times and no one from accounts ever contacted me, so I'm assuming as soon as they sent the email they sent another to the accounts saying ignore that I'm just fobbing them off. Now my contact at the company doesn't respond.

I have a paper chain of the work and agreement on the price so I intend to take them to a small claims.

Are my steps now to issue the final demand? Should I also say if no response within a week that the payment is on its way then I will file a small claims? Is it worth contacting the big bank to say they will be identified in the claim as the agency is not paying for the work?

Thanks

What makes you assume the large, and presumably respectable, advertising agency are wanting to fob you off?
  • Many people and many emails and no replys, won't take my phone calls, several weeks late with the payment.

Is that avoiding payment?
  • janesmith
    janesmith Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Very sorry to hear about your experiences. Unfortunately, it is very common in the UK where the vast majority of people in business avoid paying until you keep chasing them.

Yes, that is avoiding payment.

1. Try one last time to contact them through a variety of means.

2. Write online reviews about how they've treated you. That will seriously affect their reputation and may prompt them to finally pay you.

3. Take them to the Small Claims' Court
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport