IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC Fine on Nurse Parking at Work

Hi everyone

I'm aware this may have been answered elsewhere but really appreciate any help you can give me!

I've read a few threads for advice, but most threads seem to be from people appealing that they are in the right, where as I know I was in the wrong bay however I did pay my fee.

I work at a hospital and pay an annual fee in order to park there. This morning I parked in the multi storey car park as normal but I was forced to park in a space for 'visitors' rather than 'staff'as all staff bays were taken

I could have tried another car park on the grounds but this would have made me late for work

I am in the wrong where I parked but arguably I have still paid for 'a' space

Do you think I have to pay this fine?

Many thanks for all your help!!

:)

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Stop calling it a "fine" please!

Start by having a good read of the Newbies Sticky, which will inform you about the current situation and lay-out your range of options for dealing with UKPC.

Your situation is absolutely no different to anyone else with one of these invoices and your complete misconception that you are somehow "different" is one of their biggest allies! :mad:
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2016 at 2:31PM
    Stuff you should know about UKPC

UKPC are former clampers who have been involved in quite a number of sordid scams, for example

Hull Trading Standards took them to court on 15 counts of fraud. UKPC won all but one, but only because they had a better lawyer, a Q.C. If I recall correctly

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=63597

They were bested by a Winchester barrister
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?377246-UKPC-liable-for-trespass-**SUCCESS**

They were involved in a large scale scam which resulted in a DVLA suspension

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

And then of course there was Tracey Kiss

http://www.tracykiss.com/product-reviews/my-ukpc-parking-charge/

Perhaps you should bring this to the attention of your administration.

• You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Pixie09 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I'm aware this may have been answered elsewhere but really appreciate any help you can give me!

I've read a few threads for advice, but most threads seem to be from people appealing that they are in the right, where as I know I was in the wrong bay however I did pay my fee.

I work at a hospital and pay an annual fee in order to park there. This morning I parked in the multi storey car park as normal but I was forced to park in a space for 'visitors' rather than 'staff'as all staff bays were taken

I could have tried another car park on the grounds but this would have made me late for work

I am in the wrong where I parked but arguably I have still paid for 'a' space

Do you think I have to pay this fine?

Many thanks for all your help!!

:)

Nope. You do not have to pay.

Play it as explained in the NEWBIES thread, nothing about the driver. Day 26 online appeal (as long as this was in England or Wales).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you for your reply, your information is so gratefully received and your time appreciated. I'm planning to use the BPA template as it's UKPC. I feel incredibly nervous doing so as this is new territory for me but, if for no other reason, I fail to see how they justify an £80 fine (reduced to £40) for using a space I have already paid for.

They have received zero loss of income in me using this space!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    I fail to see how they justify an £80 fine (reduced to £40) for using a space I have already paid for.

They cannot justify it, which is why they would be unlikely to take this to court.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Pixie09 wrote: »
    I fail to see how they justify an £80 fine (reduced to £40) for using a space I have already paid for.

They can't, they are just hoping you'll pay up anyway, it's like danegeld.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Which hospital
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Milton Keynes General
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So be ready to appeal around day 26, online. In the meantime, have a look in detail at the Government's NHS Parking Principles and complain to your line management about breach of policy:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/481556/HTM0703NovemberUpdated.pdf

Contracted-out car parking

• NHS organisations are responsible for the
    actions of private contractors who run car
    parks on their behalf.

• NHS organisations should act against rogue
    contractors in line with the relevant codes of
    practice where applicable.

Contracts should not be let on any basis that
    incentivises additional charges e.g. ‘income
    from parking charge notices only’.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure