Bathroom and Ensuite Installation Quote.

I have just had 2 quotes by 2 different companies for both my ensuite and bathroom to be redone.

Including all work tiling and supply of medium range equipment. Ideal standard etc. Have been quoted £4000 for each room by both companies.

This means that if the fittings cost approx £2000 per room that it is costing £2000 for fitting. This seems a lot. I know plumbers cost a lot. Is this a reasonable quote.

I am having a shower with pump installed in the ensuite and a shower bath and tap.shower head in bathroom. Nothing is being moved round just removal of some of the box work.

I am still waiting for the costings from an independant plumber who will just cost me for the fitting only. However the other companies will deal with the whole lot for me.

I am in Worcestershire .....any experience and or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Lemoncurd
    Lemoncurd Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We've just had a similar thing done - details of quotes for our work are posted in this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=83454

In addition the fittings for the bathroom and ensuite cost £1900 (Ideal Standard, Roca and Carron sanitaryware, Briston taps, shower and shower taps for the bath). We did however retain the existing loo, shower tray and doors in the ensuite but they had to be removed and refitted as they'd been fitted badly.
    The wall and floor tiles for both came to just under £1000.

At first we were looking at plumbers (they didn't seem interested) to do the plumbing and bathroom showrooms. Then we discovered a few independant bathroom fitters who did the whole job for you - much more resonable than the showrooms and a lot easier than getting different jobs done by different people.
  • Lemoncurd
    Lemoncurd Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is what we spent if it helps (excuse all the dec places)

Bathroom
    Replace suite 776.1585875
    Wall Tiles 416.673
    Floor tiles 53.73
    Add shower 173.3330625
    towel rail 225.5876625
    cabinet 191.2506375
    plumbing/fitting/tiling 1656.75
    TOTAL 3493.48295

Ensuite
    Wall tiles 402.408
    Shower 387.694775
    Heated towel rail 205.362975
    Flooring 37.854
    basin/tap/cabinets 429.5723625
    plumbing/fitting/tiling 1533.38
    TOTAL 2996.272113
  • tobyjug
    tobyjug Posts: 291 Forumite
    Thanks for that info. your installer has broken it all down for you which helps . I think i.ve been unlucky with the ones I 've chosen so far. I might try to get someone else, I've tried to get plumbers but they just haven't been answering my messages.

It has been helpful to see the figures...I think I'll keep looking see if I can get the figures a bit lower.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure