Bathroom quote

Options
I am trying to price up how much doing my bathroom would cost. I have been quoted £1999 for:
the bathroom is in two parts - 1.5mX2.11m and where the WC lives is 1mx1m:

removing tiles
fitting new suite (bath, shower tower, 3 units of fitted furniture, 2 halogen spots, worktops and worktop mounted basin, taps etc) I am supplying the suite, furniture, taps etc - this is just a pure fit quote
mosaic sheet tiling (in bath recess 1.52m to ceiling)
does not include tiling floor nor making good

I am in south london

What do you think - this was from quality job . co. uk - any thoughts
thanks

Comments

• Lemoncurd
    Lemoncurd Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've just had our bathroom and ensuite done. The bathroom was £1656.75 inc vat and included removal and disposal of tiles and old suite. Fitting of suite, towel radiator + cabinet, tiling of all four walls (2 fully tiled, 2 tiled to mid height), boarding and tiling of floor. Boxing in and tidying up of pipework. Making good apart from decorating.

The ensuite was £1530 for a similar job - with walls fully tiled

The fittings weren't included but all materials were - including plasterboard and plastering when the removal of tiles took away the old plaster.

We were really impressed with the fitter, very reliable and did an excellent job, he was recommended by the bathroom showroom we bought our fittings from and also passed on 15% of a discount they gave him for buying the items and handled the delivery and purchase etc of the items.

We got several other quotes, one was about £5000 for the bathroom, ensuite and cloakroom (this one came to around £3500 total). B&Q wanted £5000 (including suite) just to do the bathroom :0 and refused to quote on the other things. Another showrooms service was just looking so expensive that we didn't even pursue it fully.

This was in the South East.
  • maxiscot
    maxiscot Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    thanks lemoncurd - that seems a pretty good price you got considering they did the floor too - would the person you use travel ?- I am in greenwich
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    I think I'll move to South London. Is that LABOUR ONLY? Are you moving the w.c around or are things going in roughly the same place?
  • maxiscot
    Options
    LOL budgetflyer I know, I know - no it just for labour - the only thing that is getting moved around is basin - believe me I have been quoted a lot more
  • Lemoncurd
    Lemoncurd Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maxiscot wrote:
    thanks lemoncurd - that seems a pretty good price you got considering they did the floor too - would the person you use travel ?- I am in greenwich
    Sorry, missed this I doubt they'd go that far - they are based in Buckinghamshire and I can't imagine Greenwich being easy to get to.
  • maxiscot
    Options
    thanks lemoncurd - yes buckinghamshire is too far - it would probably cost me more in getting them to travel and stay down here than would be worth it - thanks anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure