IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye/Court

Options
Hello All,
After receiving a PE ticket early in the year, I visited this and other forums for advice and watched the Watchdog video. The advice overwhelmingly was to ignore all further communication, wait for certain forms to arrive and it'll go away. Well, as per my title, it hasn't. The charge is for overstaying in a 3 hour car park that didn't require a parking ticket.

Assuming it's still possible, can anyone either give advice as to my next step ie. the writing of a defence and reply to the Court or, point me to a concise thread that does so? I have read some updated threads but can't find one that relates to this specifically. There appears to have been a sea-change as to the action/reaction for these tickets since early 2013?

Persumably I can do all this by post and not have to travel to Northampton?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You have used the same and exact form of punctuation in the same places as similar posts that have appeared over the past month.
    Be happy...;)
  • Custard_Pie
    Options
    pedalpower wrote: »
    Hello All,
    After receiving a PE ticket early in the year, I visited this and other forums for advice and watched the Watchdog video. The advice overwhelmingly was to ignore all further communication, wait for certain forms to arrive and it'll go away. Well, as per my title, it hasn't. The charge is for overstaying in a 3 hour car park that didn't require a parking ticket.

Assuming it's still possible, can anyone either give advice as to my next step ie. the writing of a defence and reply to the Court or, point me to a concise thread that does so? I have read some updated threads but can't find one that relates to this specifically. There appears to have been a sea-change as to the action/reaction for these tickets since early 2013?

Thanks for your time.

Have you actually received Court papers then?

If yes, google Parking Eye Court and you will see the best course of action, rather then explain it again here.

Whatever you do, don't ignore and make sure that you file online that you intend to defend, thus buying you time to do a proper defense.

There is plenty that you can do to defend this and make it go away. Parking Eye don't want to take this to Court as win or lose, they lose money and they exist for profit alone.

They will try and brow beat you into paying up, which work for some people who are scared of going to court.
    Search my post " PoPLA evidence - What to submit" on what is a good defense for a PoPLA appeal.
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    PE has become a lot more aggressive lately. Have you received the court papers? Reply to the court papers denying everything. Ask the PPC for mediation which will keep it out of court if you can come to an agreement which may or may not happen. If that fails then you just go to court with exactly the same information as you would have presented to POPLA had you appealed the parking ticket earlier. Charges excessive, signage not clear or whatever you feel you can appeal on.

You deal with this in your local county court ...you do not travel to Northhampton there is no court there it's an administrative court. The PPC has to travel to you.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello All,

Thanks for your time.

Search the forum for the keyword 'court' - and do the same on pepipoo's non-council parking forum and you will find dozens and dozens of cases like yours where PE have gone berserk like some megalomaniac idiots with no concept on the longterm effect on their retailer client base and credibility!

They'll learn in the end when they lose contracts left, right and centre for their aggression. When people like you COMPLAIN to the retailers.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=82744&st=0&gopid=862298

The above link includes my usual links to help with small claims court and defences.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacey2012
    Options
    I would... Tell the boss at parking eye, someone has sussed you out....
    Be happy...;)
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    spacey2012 wrote: »

I am very naive but didn't find anything to make me think this is a PPC spy.

In the position of asking "Is it me or is it you?" Sorry.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    spacey2012 wrote: »

Interesting! :)

Can you show us the other threads you are thinking of, would love to see what you have seen here!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacey2012
    Options
    I will reveal all including the name of the employee behind it if they do it just one more time, even the facebook profile of their new employee they pay to trawl the forums boasting about it.
    Go for it Parking Eye.
    Be happy...;)
  • pedalpower
    Options
    Well, came online this morning to read replies and hopefully start to formulate plan of defence, only to find the 'spacedetective' has got his knickers in a twist and started to spread false information on my thread. spacey2012 you're not Tony Blair are you?:rotfl:
    No wonder Parking Eye keeping going when there is so much infighting and mistrust on a forum designed to help. They must be laughing all the way to County Court.
    spacey2012 - you really have made a fool of yourself. I look forward to your next reply and it's revelations, because it'll be more rope to hang yourself with. I'm more than willing to PM someone trustworthy my identity or home tel' number so they can speak to me before hopefully getting more info' from forum members.
    My thanks to those that have posted sensible replies so far.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, came online this morning to read replies and hopefully start to formulate plan of defence, only to find the 'spacedetective' has got his knickers in a twist and started to spread false information on my thread. spacey2012 you're not Tony Blair are you?:rotfl:
    No wonder Parking Eye keeping going when there is so much infighting and mistrust on a forum designed to help. They must be laughing all the way to County Court.
    spacey2012 - you really have made a fool of yourself. I look forward to your next reply and it's revelations, because it'll be more rope to hang yourself with. I'm more than willing to PM someone trustworthy my identity or home tel' number so they can speak to me before hopefully getting more info' from forum members.
    My thanks to those that have posted sensible replies so far.

Interesting second post this - It does ring a quite a lot of alarm bells - So I wonder why you bristle so much at someone taking some quite reasonable and basic precautions?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure