PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Getting House Viewings

gream0604
gream0604 Posts: 28 Forumite
edited 14 May 2018 at 10:15AM in House buying, renting & selling
Just wondering if any critiques out there can have a look at our right move advert for our house.

Been on the market for a couple of weeks, but only had 2 viewings, which seems a bit slow to me?

UPDATE

So I have asked the agent to update some of the photos. It turns out that they took most of the ones that were missing, so not sure why they were not used?!

Also took some new ones of the garden after power washing the patio, moving the cable reel out the way, and adding a few pots, and tidying up the raised bed a bit.

They are in the process of renaming the photos, and I have also asked if we can advertise as a 3 bed with office/4th bedroom to try and capture more in the search results.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54106680.html

UPDATE 2
Thanks for all your comments guys. Done some more work over the weekend to the garden, including laying some artificial grass.

All new photos uploaded, and already had a viewing booked in since changing the photos!

Comments

• Mjrmum
    Mjrmum Posts: 5 Forumite
    It looks lovely - we live in south east so seems super low priced to me, but I don!!!8217;t know your area. What have your agents said?
  • cooltt
    cooltt Posts: 852
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lol, i was just looking at houses in Weston, how weird.

Anyway it looks fine, a new build, decent size, one or two of the pics could have been a little better but then i came to the back garden....enclosed with no greenery and surrounded by the brick walls of other houses, personally this type of garden does not appeal to me.

There's no major issues, close to the M5 but again personal preference. Good price
  • gream0604
    Thank You. Agents have said that they have done everything they can to push it, and they don't know why we are not getting viewings.

In terms of the price, it is at the low end of the valuations because we are trying to sell quick.
  • gream0604
    cooltt wrote: »
    Lol, i was just looking at houses in Weston, how weird.

Anyway it looks fine, a new build, decent size, one or two of the pics could have been a little better but then i came to the back garden....enclosed with no greenery and surrounded by the brick walls of other houses, personally this type of garden does not appeal to me.

There's no major issues, close to the M5 but again personal preference. Good price

Haha, how strange!!

I admit the garden is small, and works well for us. Our target market I would say is younger first time buyers, and I think it might appeal more to them?
  • cooltt
    cooltt Posts: 852
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    gream0604 wrote: »
    Haha, how strange!!

I admit the garden is small, and works well for us. Our target market I would say is younger first time buyers, and I think it might appeal more to them?

Yes, it is a very much move straight in affair and i'd echo what the other poster said it is a very good price.

I think the issue with Westen is most people need to commute elsewhere to work either Bristol or Exeter.
  • franklee
    franklee Posts: 3,867
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Call me old fashioned but IMO picture 1 should be of the front of the property.

The garden is awful, can't stand that much decking and I would demolish that ghastly oven thing (you do know pm 2.5 particles aren't healthy https://www.health.ny.gov/environmental/indoors/air/pmq_a.htm ). Am liking the cable reels though.

Internally it's neat and tidy, it is what it is, there are likely many others so determining the price should be easy enough.
  • gream0604
    franklee wrote: »
    Call me old fashioned but IMO picture 1 should be of the front of the property.

The garden is awful, can't stand that much decking and I would demolish that ghastly oven thing (you do know pm 2.5 particles aren't healthy https://www.health.ny.gov/environmental/indoors/air/pmq_a.htm ). Am liking the cable reels though.

Internally it's neat and tidy, it is what it is, there are likely many others so determining the price should be easy enough.

Thanks. I did have the outside as the first picture, but I asked the agent to change them in a hope to generate some more interest.

The agent seemed to think that the pizza oven would be a good selling point to young first time buyers.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    It looks a nice house for what it is - not knowing the area, how does it compare to other similar properties about? Are there lots of similar properties for sale and what is their decorative state and price?

Most of the photos are well presented, bedroom 3 might have looked better actually presented as a bedroom rather than what I assume is a sofa bed as it doesn't really give any great visual on what you can fit in the room.

Echo the other sentiments about the garden - obviously you can't change the size / location but it does look a little devoid of colour - a couple of nice plants in pots (which you could take with you) or even some dressing of the seating area with some outdoor cushions (a la Ikea staging) wouldn't go amiss. Personally I quite like the pizza oven.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• franklee
    franklee Posts: 3,867
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    gream0604 wrote: »
    The agent seemed to think that the pizza oven would be a good selling point to young first time buyers.
    Apart from being unhealthy and ugly it takes up too much room and dominates the small space. You would be better off with some flower beds IMO.

Back indoors, where is the dining table? Maybe you don't want one but if you are selling a lifestyle there should be room for one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure