PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all - I am getting nowhere fast this morning.

Pleasures for yesterday

1. one load of washing hung out on the line - it doesn't dry in this weather but I still like to give it an airing
    2. DS came home for christmas :T
    3. favourite brunch of sourdough, avo and bacon
    4. went out for a christmas curry with the 'escape(d) club' from my old Uni. Good to catch up and the curry was lish
    5. Got home to see OH, DS and DD sat together watching a film. Christmas lights on and it looked really cosy. Previously DS and DD have barely been in the same room - so was lovely thing to see.

Have a lovely day all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 December 2017 at 7:49PM
    1. Last night's Xmas party, and my company in general. Drank too much, danced loads. Highlight was dancing with my MD (who cross dressed for the occasion and was wearing a dress and cowboy hat(!?)). Our company has also been voted into top 100 companies to work for (for the gazillionth time running, so no surprise!), which means we will be invited to a massive party in Feb to see where we placed. I've made so many great friends here, so glad I made the move.
    2. Colleague made vegan chilli today and had that for lunch. I made guac. Yum.
    3. Evening off tonight. Nothing planned. Might watch Die Hard :)
    4. Last week at work next week before 10 gloooorious days off
    5. Found our what my bonus will be today. Very excited for January!!!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pleasures for today (Friday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Smaller son went back to school after several snow days and 1 anxiety day off.

3) I went to my former work to sign some bits of paperwork so I have now finally (FINALLY!) finished my NVQ. Everyone I bumped into looked at me in astonishment and said how well/happy/good I was looking. It rather begs the question - what on earth did I look like before?!

4) Went to see my dad and brother and had a poached egg on toast down there.

5) Booked in Currys as the washing machine keeps beeping and trying to end cycles at strange times.

6) Bigger son went to work.

7) A tasty tea of pork loin, roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips, peas, stuffing, apple sauce and gravy. Later I made some mince pies and jam tarts.

8) Am about to watch Have I Got News For You.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Was tuff last night. Ds woke me at 1:15 am with gf who was in delayed shock. Her dad’s funeral was tha5 morning. He didn’t know how to cope with her raw grief. I just hugged her for an hour then handled her to him. The c word is !!!!.and so for today
    1 ) didn’t break anything walking into work. Awful black ice - poor friend fell and broke both wrists :-(
    2) hmm today a bit of a blur. Made curry last night for lunch and tea. Yummy
    3) xmas staff party. Didn’t want to go, didn’t leave work till after 7, had paid £6 and so tempted to get off bus at my house but was fab
    4) very exciting job development. All hush hush here so don’t mention anything or I will have to eat you lols
    5) spent evening drinking 2 vps’ champagne then lovely friend walked me home. Very glad I went.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    Morning all - OH and I are on the train to ICT. Just overnight. I think he is trying to keep me busy, to take my mind off things. He means well, but I can't outrun my own mind...:(

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Had a nice relaxing bath
    2. Got a load of washing on the line
    3. DS DD and i went to see Star Wars
    4. THen OH and I went to the Bootleg Beatles. we'd had the tickets ages and not going doesn't help Dad so .. we went.
    5. My older brother sent a message to our "siblings" messenger group to wish us a happy weekend and urge us to look forward and not back. It is quite hard not to do some "this time last week" stuff but it was a nice reminder that we are all thinking of each other. Mum and Dad would have liked that...

Have a nice weekend all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 December 2017 at 6:28PM
    Murder on already Ashy pitch in western part of great southern land.

1. Might get up soon, but feeling snug. &'s becoming so lazy slack.

2. Attended (actually danced much, actually sang) Moth Conspiracy gig for Winter Comfort last night, with Lab councillor friend leading, hence his absence(not &'s) from....

3. ....good Mthly mtg with MP DZ, cc leader LH, other biz. Potential in young McD speaker re:living wage strike.

4. Banking acceptable. Grateful, still, for Spits earning potential amid Tribeca wreckage. End of day loading, looked back and realised young Fred, kind again, had brought out &'s final things, unheralded. Haven't unloaded yet, but will. Once again, very little really matters.

5. Several cakes to finish, distribute, ditto several puddings. One of each for France. Will prob. make some mince pies.
    #
    You've made it, pk:-)

Thankyou for crimbo card, ykwya.

Mystery: & has received another, fulsomely, particularly, written, from no idea who, despite clear signing.
    #
    Feeling very cba...
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 16 December 2017 at 11:29AM
    Massive, massive hugs and loving thoughts to all who feel they can accept them.
    DD I can recall the raw grief of losing my beloved Dad in law Walter at a similar age. God only knows how that poor girl feels at losing her Dad. TG you were there.

Vjsmum, how 'good' that grief has pulled you together with your siblings, at least ATM, may it be so for some time.

1. Darling, darling Rossa, my trike. He got me and a big load of shopping from A!di safely home over icy roads and pavements yesterday evening. As I told him, "What would I do without you, my beautiful boy?" (Nobody heard me, thankfully... That would be embarrassing. I'm not THAT eccentric, I just have my quirks.)
    He has has mountain bike tyres that GRIP, they are a PITA on hot summer pavements but I CBA'd to change them, and boy, was I grateful last night.

2. Traditions. Getting one of the last festive Radio Times' at Aldi, and not having to brave Mr T's.

3. A wonderful Christmas party at one of the local folk clubs. Some great music and memories. I met someone from Cumbria who told me how much they appreciated the music videos I put online. How lovely to be told.

4. My tree is downstairs, waiting to be decorated for Christmas No. 37.

5. Not falling, despite several opportunities to do so. I have tripod ferrules on my sticks and crutches, and these are significantly safer than the standard ferrules.

Unfortunately, these don't fit standard NHS supplied sticks/crutches (they are too 'thick'), but they do fit the standard folding type of stick that most of us with the need end up buying.

If you know of any elderly/disabled/temporarily incapacitated person who needs a stick or crutch, I really, really, really recommend that you mention these to them.
    Tripod ferrule link
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    edited 16 December 2017 at 10:17PM
    Oh DD, poor girl, my heart goes out to her.

Friday pleasures,

We found our (very) small tree that, in line with tradition, sits on our hearth, now decorated and awash with lights.

Our local nursery had bird seed wreaths, our feathered friends now have a Yule present hanging in the apple tree.

My tendonitis is bad at the moment, lovely Capt S came with me to the yard and cleared girlie's field of all ahem deposits, am blessed to have him :heart2:

Warmed up mince pie with choc fudge ice-cream.

How cosy our lounge looked by the lights of the tree.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Oh my goodness, broken wrists!! :(

1. DD's school fees for next term are a respectable £46.98, rather than £5,510, thanks to paying in advance and having a bursary (fingers crossed it's renewed or life will be more than tough....)

2. Her report was really good, which given the bullying and her hormones, I wasn't expecting. Phew!

3. School was FUN! The kids are just so lovely :)

4. Secret Santa obviously knows I'm buying a house as (s)he bought me a book on hygge :)

5. I resisted buying a ginormous fleecy throw in Costco, despite being a very good price, I've decided to try my best to hold off buying house stuff until we're there, or nearly.....so the pleasure is saving money!
  • Lainey Too right tis all done now.:beer::j:beer:

1 The best thing to say about yesterday is it’s now complete, and that week can now be invoiced.:beer:
    2 It is all catching up with us now and both DH and I are feeling rather tired, but we have time to get with it now.:p

3 We decided to just use today for fun and drove to another town and left the car in the park and ride.:D

4 Numerous different CS’s DH treated me to a bright purple hoody that is very me, and a couple of fluffy hairbands:)

5 We stopped at a side street cafe for lunch and a drink, and it was lovely ham, brie and chilli ham toasted with rocket and balsamic.

6 We wanted a few bits to festive it up so to speak, and the butchers, they had an amazing cheese wheel you could taste test, and everything on it looked and was delicious, so we treated ourselves to that and the bacon mis-shapes, so now we need apples grapes and crackers to with it.:D

7 Caught up with a street chap there we know of, who has the same animals as us, we had a cuddle, got him tea and a sarnie, and gave him a Christmas donation while having a good natter, he’s in a better place this year than he has been in the past and it shows.:)

8. My new slimline microwave has arrived today, I’ve popped on and registered it. It’s lovely I’ve had my eyes on it for 5 years now, 17 years ago I had it’s predecessor it was fantastic. I purchased it from John Lewis on a price match and 2 year warranty.:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback