PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Getting House Viewings

1235»

Comments

• gream0604
    gream0604 Posts: 28 Forumite
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Sorry but would only say it's marginally better - still very beige and rules out a lot of families which is who it should be appealing to. Needs dressing.

Can you also sort out the dead plant outside the front of the house? Didn't notice the yellow/green before on the storm porch (and roof - but that's not so obvious). Can it be cleaned off?

What dead plant out the front? There is a grass to the right of the door, and to the left is something that has just been planted and belongs to the neighbour.

I have also jet washed the porch roof to get rid of the moss, and we have put some hanging baskets out the front. Just need to retake the photo.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,466
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    gream0604 wrote: »
    What dead plant out the front? There is a grass to the right of the door...
    Sorry, looked like a 'dead grass' to me. New pic will help :)
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    To some extent I think it's price related simply because its a large estate on the edge of WSM.
    Within that estate you can get a reasonably similar age house 3 bed for £195000 which does lend the question of is your 4th bed worth the extra.

I agree you have the interior nicely done but again someone with vision could spend a similar amount on another home and have something to their exacting taste.

WSM is a funny area really as there is such a diversity of house styles and move away from the new houses and again you can get some bigger room sizes and gardens for the same price.

I'm still not convinced your house was ever destined to be marketed as a 4 bed.
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I think the photos are a big improvement. I'd give it a few weeks and then look at price. I don't know how well priced it is for the area but if nothing happens ina few more weeks it may be as dull as that.
  • gream0604
    gream0604 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Thanks for all your comments guys. Done some more work over the weekend to the garden, including laying some artificial grass.

All new photos uploaded, and already had a viewing booked in since changing the photos!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54106680.html
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Looks well presented, but the price seems to be edging up?
  • franklee
    franklee Posts: 3,867
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    gream0604 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your comments guys. Done some more work over the weekend to the garden, including laying some artificial grass.

All new photos uploaded, and already had a viewing booked in since changing the photos!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54106680.html
    LOL Personally don't like artificial grass either so it seems your garden is destined to be full if things I dislike but to be fair it looks better than it did in the original photos and at least it's now got some green! It's now easier to get a sense of size and I like your paving. The photos show it's quite a suntrap which will have broad appeal.

Having looked at the photos in nearby listings your internal shots are at the better end of the scale.

Hope you will let us know how you get on.
  • Gwendo40
    Gwendo40 Posts: 349 Forumite
    The most recent comparable sale is no.29 which sold in Jan for £210k, a semi, on a corner plot with a conservatory and a more usable garden, not sure how yours is worth £20k more than this one?
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,880
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Is that the remains of where the conservatory was visible on the back wall around the door? Can you remove that? Also I'd wash the garage door (and the neighbouring ones) and retake that photo.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Gwendo40 wrote: »
    The most recent comparable sale is no.29 which sold in Jan for £210k, a semi, on a corner plot with a conservatory and a more usable garden, not sure how yours is worth £20k more than this one?

Good question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport