Manchester Airport Drop off and Pick Up

From last week it seems Manchester Airport is now charging for drop off by the terminals, as well as pick up, for which they have made you park at a minimum of £4 for 30 minutes for some time now. To drop off by the terminals costs £3 for 5 minutes and £4 for 10 minutes.

There is a free drop off area, with a free shuttle bus to the terminal, so not too bad. Does anyone know if you can also use that for free pickup? (The website doesn't suggest you can). Alternatively, assuming there are no free shuttle buses back to the free drop off area, are there public transport buses that you can use to get somewhere outside the airport, so pick up can be done there?

I can afford £4 but it sticks in my throat having to pay to pick someone up.

(Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere)

Comments

• harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ok, it seems the airport website has been updated too soon. I looked in vain for signs to the "free drop off area" so had to go to the normal drop off point. I stopped as I went in and spoke to someone to complain about the lack of signs and he said "there is no charge for the drop off". he missed out the word "yet". I drove in, dropped my wife off and left. There will be charges for that drop off area soon, as the work to put in barriers at the exit is nearly finished.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure