Debt Free By 2019?

Options

Comments

• lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good news about the car! :cool:

Glad you can get your clinique! My skin is magically not that bad at the moment... Im sure now I've tempted the gods by saying that I'll have a massive break out *sigh* life.

Well done on making an extra cc payment. I'm thinking I'm going to have about £25 left in my dd account once the final one has gone out and I've decided that's going to go straight to my card.
    7 days is so soon! Woohoo!! 23 for me :eek:
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    I ended up buying two bottles last night as there was a 10% cashback offer on TCB ending in 2 days and i go through it so quickly compared to the rest - I think I've had two bottles of the toner (although admittedly I spilt about 2/3rds of a bottle of one.... ) and the same soap bar since I bought it all :rotfl: came out of the car money but I can replace that comfortably once I've been paid :)

My mindset is definitely different now with all little extra bits I get going straight onto the debts, small though they may be! I also have a money tin with around £30 in at home, I don't think I've ever managed to scrape together more than a fiver in change before spending it before :rotfl:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Went to cinema last night with OH to watch Truth or Dare - we're definitely making the most of our cinema cards now that we're trying to do less expensive things :)

Nothing much on the MSE front, just need to sit down and work out how much I need to pay back into my car account come payday, which I'll do when I get in tonight as I will need to swing by an ATM to check the balance and then work it all out and look at my budget again for next month.

On the to-do list today:
    - Work on coursework module now that I am caffeine-headache free
    - Catch up on diaries
    - Chase up some contractors at work
    - Work out how much I need to pay into my car account to balance it again
    - Recalculate budget
    - Watch for surveys like a hawk :rotfl:
    - Pop into NWest and chase up cheque If i get time
    - 30 day shred!
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    - [STRIKE]Work on coursework module now that I am caffeine-headache free[/STRIKE] done 10 out of 25 questions so will be finished pretty soon :)
    -[STRIKE] Catch up on diaries[/STRIKE]
    -[STRIKE] Chase up some contractors at work[/STRIKE] slowly getting stuff done!
    - [STRIKE]Work out how much I need to pay into my car account to balance it again[/STRIKE] :rotfl: more than I thought but still very manageable :)
    - [STRIKE]Recalculate budget[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]Watch for surveys like a hawk [/STRIKE] done some and still watching ;)
    - [STRIKE]Pop into NWest and chase up cheque If i get time[/STRIKE] still not arrived......
    - [STRIKE]30 day shred![/STRIKE] shredded ;)

Another completed to-do list :j

Hopefully seeing OH tonight after he has finished work, otherwise I won't see him until next week. I may see him on Saturday but for reasons that are being kept secret until it's confirmed :)

A quiet night planned up to then - chilling out in front of the TV I guess and checking for surveys.

On a good note - checked my clubcard account online after discussing vouchers with my OH and discovered I have £8.50 worth of unused ones so printed those off :)
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Morning everyone!

The sun is shining here again and it's hard to be in a bad mood when it's out!

My Clinique order will be coming today which is great as I literally scooped the last of my moisturiser out today :rotfl:
    I also have a maxi dress and sunglasses (bought on giftcard) to collect from Next today but will do that when I finish as I need to run to the shop and get some bread and yoghurts for lunch but want to still be able fit in 30 day shred so don't have time to go to Next as well :cool:

All set to be a quiet day again at work, which means I want to get through a few more of my module questions - just a few though as I want to take my time with them and do them well enough the first time around. I'll probably be able to get some reading done too and keep an eye on surveys - the bonus of working alone I guess! ;)

Today's to-do list:
    - get lunch supplies
    - do 3/4 module questions
    - watch for surveys
    - 30 day shred
    - collect order from Next
    - bath with face & hair mask tonight
    - run/walk 20 minutes again this evening

My foot still feels fine after my run/walk on Sunday (run 1 min, walk 1 min) so going out again tonight and will do it again on Saturday, then provided all feels okay increase to 2 min run, 1 min walk next week and bump it up until I'm running the full 20 minutes. It will take time but I'd rather get back there slowly than not get back running at all :) shouldn't take more than 10 weeks to build to twenty minutes if I'm doing an extra minute each week. Week 2 will be 2 min run 1 min walk for 20 minutes (so 7 times) week 3 will be 3 min run 1 min walk for 20 minutes (so 5 times) week 4, 4 min run 1 min walk for 20 minutes (so 4 times) and so on. You can apparently move up quicker if you can do it pain free but we'll so how I get on :o
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    So.. thinking ahead slightly to what I need to do once I have made my debt repayments once I've been paid as I'm making the adjustments to savings and debt repayments once I've paid for my car and sorted insurance tax etc on the 1st.

To do:
    - Change CC1 DD to £150 instead of £100
    - change EF pay-in from £30 to £60
    - change pay-in to account that holds health and car maintenance from £20 to £40 (£25 for car £15 for health atm)

Im undecided at the moment whether I'm going to go with the snowball calculator way of repaying the rest or how I had originally planned to do it - I guess if I am doing it the snowball way debts will disappear quicker which will motivate me more :)

If I decide to do that then everything else stays the same really, other than EE I think I had put in to pay £50 a month to, and minimal payments to the OD until some of the interest accruing debts are clear. I need to input it again actually and save it so that I can keep coming back and updating where necessary :)
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    It's torrential rain here again... At least it's not snow :rotfl:

The Next stuff sounds lovely and summery :) I was reorganising my wardrobe yesterday and all I seem to have is shoddy old work clothes which is quite depressing! Definitely nothing summery so if it does actually show up i'm in trouble!

Your plan for after you get paid sounds good. I'm still really struggling with having an Emergency Fund. There's been so many times in the past that there's been unexpected expenses and I haven't had one and been really annoyed at myself... Definitely need to start as it's just silly not to have something.

I found the snowball method really helpful. For me I was quite lucky that my lowest balances were the highest interest which worked out. I think that getting rid of small debts really helped me to stay motivated to bust the bigger ones :o
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Hi lonelyrat :hello:

The Next stuff was okay the material on the top half wasn't what I was expecting but will try it on and decide if I'm keeping it and the glasses feel a bit loose but I may be able to sort that :)

I'm quite impressed I've managed to actually keep my tiny EF of £30 untouched :rotfl: I used to transfer £100 a month in savings and end up spending but that was at a time I guess when I didn't really budget or keep track of my spending, and it didn't help that I knew it was there if I needed it too. I look forward to when my debts are repaid and I can save better amounts :) but some is better than none!

Yeah I think im sold on snowballing it means in a couple of months two of my CC's will be clear so that'll be nice to look at! One is cut up anyway so won't be used again the other is a Tesco one that I plan to just use now and then and pay off to get the points, CC1 will be kept open but I will not have access to it :)

Counting down the days until the 1st to get the car! Could get it on the 30th of this month but reluctant to pay road tax for April when it's the last day :rotfl:
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Today will definitely not go as planned - I'm meeting my nan for lunch today, which is fine but I try and get an answer for which day she wants to lunch so that I can get to work in the morning half hour earlier to workout as I know I can't do it on my lunch, but she's only just messaged me so won't be doing that today :rotfl:

Also put off my run/walk yesterday to today but now been invited to go for a carvery as a treat so that will go out of the window too! Unless I run at silly o clock once I've digested my food :cool:

Quiet day today - survey watching and coursework writing. Have a lovely day to anyone who reads :rotfl:
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    I'm looking forward to starting saving too... Will feel so much more rewarding than paying off debt. Am just treating the debt busting as a necessary evil to pave way to being able to save for my future!

I have a Tesco cc which I use for our Tesco shopping... I do find the Clubcard points really add up. I had it on Pay+ on my phone and you got extra point for using it (or you did) which was really good! If you haven't got Pay+ you should look into it and see if they're still doing the extra points.

Hope you had a good time with your nan and at the carvery (yum)! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport