Holiday Rights

articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi folks

We've written a new Holiday Rights guide, covering everything from ATOL, ABTA, delays and cancellations.

We would love your feedback so let us know if there's anything we've missed and your experiences of anything covered in the guide.

Thank you

MSE Sally

Comments

• J17
    J17 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi All

I would like some advice. We booked a package holiday with EasyJet Holidays to Rome. Our outbound flight got cancelled without notice. We managed to arrange flights out the next day with another airline. I know we are entitled for refund for this flight and any cost occurred and compensation. But my question is the cost of our first night at the hotel and the excursion we missed due to the last minute cancellation of our flight causing us stress and worry. I understand we are covered by ATOL. I did asked the EasyJet Duty Office Agent how we get the money back on our missed night she told me it will be my insurance. I then spoke to my insurance they told me it's our tour operator - Easyjet Holidays?..I'm confused on my rights here and who we get our compensation for our miss night & excursion.

Any advice is much appreciated. J17
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    J17 wrote: »
    Hi All

I would like some advice. We booked a package holiday with EasyJet Holidays to Rome.

This is an article feedback/discussion thread! - You really need to post your own thread for the advice you seek.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    J17 wrote: »
    But my question is the cost of our first night at the hotel and the excursion we missed due to the last minute cancellation of our flight causing us stress and worry.

You're not entitled to reimbursement of that.
  • nettie41
    nettie41 Posts: 5 Forumite
    We have returned from a holiday from hell. I logged complaints with the holiday company and they have offered us a full accommodation refund. However, we booked a package holiday and accommodation costs only amount to 40% of total cost. My argument is we never would have flown if we knew what we where going to. We had a awful time hotel was disgusting and nothing but problems for 2 weeks. Surely they should refund flights as well as accommodation, as flights are a means to a end.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Who did you book from? Many online sites do not sell packages but will cobble together flights and accomodation as separate elements.
  • nettie41
    thomas cook.
  • If it was a package holiday you don't know how much the accommodation or the flights cost. You stayed there, you used the facilities, presumably ate there if if was a catered holiday yet you aren't happy with 40% of the total cost as compensation? If it was so bad didn't you ask to move hotels, or even resorts if there was nothing available in the same resort. If it was so bad staying there won't really have done anything to enhance your complaint of how terrible it was.
  • nettie41
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Who did you book from? Many online sites do not sell packages but will cobble together flights and accomodation as separate elements.
    hi was with thomas cook. package holiday
  • nettie41
    If it was a package holiday you don't know how much the accommodation or the flights cost. You stayed there, you used the facilities, presumably ate there if if was a catered holiday yet you aren't happy with 40% of the total cost as compensation? If it was so bad didn't you ask to move hotels, or even resorts if there was nothing available in the same resort. If it was so bad staying there won't really have done anything to enhance your complaint of how terrible it was.
    we got moved in the 2nd week after lots of complaints, we also document with photos and videos. we have got accommodation cost back but not flights, however flights where a means to a end we never would have travelled there knowing it was that bad. it was a very expensive holiday as we had are 4 children and elderly mother it was a nightmare.
  • As I said, you don't know how much either accommodation or flights cost. You had the holiday, you used the flights which presumably were fine because you've not complained about them, stayed in two hotels, presumably had transfers, yet you're in effect asking them to give you a free holiday. It's not going to happen.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback