Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 November 2016 at 7:53PM
    PKPK wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thank you so much for your quick responses from the people who changed their energy supplier to Iresa LTD. I feel more positive now for my parents to switch to the same company. I also did a quick search from the uSwitch site and behold Iresa LTD came up with best savings even though uSwitch do not help with the switching to this company themselves. So, I will consider from your experiences that it's 1 year fixed plan and there is no exit fee.
    Again, thank you.PKPK

Their market-leading dual-fuel deal appears to have been withdrawn earlier today.

We currently don't have the desired tariff. Please contact our Sales team
    Contact us : http://www.iresa.co.uk/how-to-contact-us/
    Phone number: 01157270982
  • System
    Just checked. Their latest fixed deal (for me) would equate to a 6% increase and still no exit fees.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 November 2016 at 1:51PM
    A bit naughty on their quote prices. The unit & sc prices do not include VAT but the annual cost does.

Not quoting for electric only at the moment though.
  • System
    What is clear here is that the market is in some turmoil at the moment. The latest collective quote that I have at the moment (with EDF) equates to a 15% increase. I just wonder whether suppliers are just trying to see how far they can increase prices following the CMA report and BREXIT.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    For those that have already switched to Iresa, how long after receiving the "Welcome to Iresa" email did they get round to asking for a meter reading for the switch to take place?

I signed up with them on 22nd October, but am still waiting for them to ask for meter readings.

I have contacted them to ask, but not received a reply. Hoping this is not a sign that I should not have bothered signing up with them :(
  • System
    For those that have already switched to Iresa, how long after receiving the "Welcome to Iresa" email did they get round to asking for a meter reading for the switch to take place?

I signed up with them on 22nd October, but am still waiting for them to ask for meter readings.

I have contacted them to ask, but not received a reply. Hoping this is not a sign that I should not have bothered signing up with them :(

Their site states that they do nothing for the first 14 days and then the transfer should be 16 days later. I would have thought about now.
  • Yes, that's correct, I initiated the transfer on 5th October, transfer process began on 19th October (and direct debit was set up and went out a few days later) then was asked to take my meter readings on my "go live" date which was 3rd November, so roughly a month after I applied to them.

The only thing I am now waiting for is my final bill from Eon. My second direct debit has just gone out with Iresa, but my one with Eon is still set up and going out as normal as they tell you to keep it set up until the credit is transferred back. I spoke with Eon yesterday and they haven't received the meter readings I gave to Iresa yet, but apparently these take around 3 weeks to receive these days, so should be any day. I tried to call Iresa to see if they had sent them over yet but was 16th in the queue and 15 minutes later was still 11th, so customer service isn't seeming quite as good as my first impressions. It was lunchtime, though so I might try again this afternoon.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, that's correct, I initiated the transfer on 5th October, transfer process began on 19th October (and direct debit was set up and went out a few days later) then was asked to take my meter readings on my "go live" date which was 3rd November, so roughly a month after I applied to them.

The only thing I am now waiting for is my final bill from Eon. My second direct debit has just gone out with Iresa, but my one with Eon is still set up and going out as normal as they tell you to keep it set up until the credit is transferred back. I spoke with Eon yesterday and they haven't received the meter readings I gave to Iresa yet, but apparently these take around 3 weeks to receive these days, so should be any day. I tried to call Iresa to see if they had sent them over yet but was 16th in the queue and 15 minutes later was still 11th, so customer service isn't seeming quite as good as my first impressions. It was lunchtime, though so I might try again this afternoon.

Hello firsttimemover and sorry to lose you. Thought it might help if I give you a bit of information about what happens with a change of supplier.

It's important we close our account to the same readings used by your new supplier to start their account. This makes sure the same energy is only charged once. It's the responsibility of the new supplier to send us these readings. Before reaching us, the readings go through a third party who checks they're in line with past usage for the property. Sometimes a change is made and both suppliers need to use the same reading. Guessing but it could be we're waiting for the third party to forward on the readings. Also, the electricity and gas readings go to different third parties so can come through separately.

Once we receive the verified readings, we'll close our account and issue your final bill. If the Direct Debit's still open, we'll refund any credit balance directly to your bank. If not, we'll send a cheque but this takes a bit longer.

Switches usually go through in about two and half weeks provided both suppliers have signed up to faster switching. We have but I don't know about your new supplier. If they haven't, the switch can take between 4-6 weeks.

Are we still taking a monthly payment? Under faster switching, this usually stops fairly quickly into the changeover. It's longer when not transferring under the faster route.

Hope this is useful firsttimemover.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

I knew it should be around 16 days after the Welcome email, but had still not heard anything. Fortunately, with chasing them up for a date, they have now told me 1st December for providing readings and it is also the actual switch date. They have now also contacted e.on, our current provider; so at last things seem to be happening.
  • Thanks Malc.

I spoke with Iresa and they said that they haven't actually sent my readings over to Eon yet, no explanation as to why yet, they just emailed me to confirm this after I spoke with them on the phone. No mention of it going to a third party or not. Is it normal for it to take this long? They aren't under faster switching, so maybe that's why?

My DD goes out on the 7th of the month, and this was taken in October, even though my switch over date was the 3rd, and I'm already in quite a lot of credit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure