cfadvisory.co.uk

Has anyone used this company?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'm sure they have.

And will have lost a bucket load of money at the same time.
  • adr0ck
    adr0ck Posts: 2,374
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    they are saying they take 25% of what youget back

anyone know if this is standard
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    That is a dodgy name for a company that is not actually a financial advisory firm.

Guess what? It's based in Swansea. What a surprise.
    they are saying they take 25% of what youget back

anyone know if this is standard
    25% plus 20% VAT.
    No its not standard. The FCA regulated complaints process is free of charge to use. That is the standard that the majority of people go by.

However, if you think that you need to send a form to a claims company who in turn will send it to the same address as the bank/provider quote on their website, then that is about 63p for a stamp and a few more pence for the envelope. Lets just call it £1.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Claims companies have no magic powers and no more chance of success than doing it yourself. To use the firm you will have to dig out all the information needed to make a complaint and if you can do that, why not do it yourself and keep all the money?
  • dunstonh wrote: »
    Guess what? It's based in Swansea. What a surprise.
    SCAMsea is the CMC fraud capital.
    The FCA regulated complaints process is free of charge to use. That is the standard that the majority of people go by.

However, if you think that you need to send a form to a claims company who in turn will send it to the same address as the bank/provider quote on their website, then that is about 63p for a stamp and a few more pence for the envelope. Lets just call it £1.
    Alternatively, call 0800 023 4567 and ask FOS for assistance. The call is free and they will write to the business for you.
  • Yes I and I wish I hadn't. First things first they tell you that you "Do have a claim" and can expect a minimum amount. In my case it was £5000. Then you have to pay £495 for legal fees which is returned in the final payment as it is "no win no fee". Things started to smell fishy when it came back that I had no PPI claim. I then asked about the £495 and they said it would be credited back to my credit card in 2 weeks. 4 months on and still nothing. I have chased and chased, been told to sign up to "Clearscore" ?? send evidence of all my credit history.......Feel like a right fool! Do not touch them with a barge pole, they are just a Swansea call centre gaining commission for "Clearscore" IMO
  • Nasqueron
    Forumite
    Clear score are nothing to do with CMCs, they're the front end of credit agency Equifax

While it's a bit late, speak to your CC company about a charge back or maybe a Section 75 case because the company has not fulfilled their contractual obligation
  • Small claims court?
  • Nasqueron
    Forumite
    Small claims court?

Use S75 or a chargeback if possible, after that Money Claim OnLine (MCOL) is your best bet rather than trying to go through the court
  • Please please don't use cfadvisory!
    Firstly they mis-sell that you need to pay a deposit of £495.00 which they say will be returned when the claim is over but it also covers them if you abscond with all the ppi refund!
    Forget it they say it's a fee in the end and you are left out of pocket.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure