Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Comments

• Just thought I would add that tc are claiming ecs -engine failure when we were told at the airport by tc staff that our plane had been sent elsewhere to help stranded passengers.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Did you fly with the same flight number?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • DTDfanBoy
    DTDfanBoy Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    We are currently awaiting our court date for our flight delay tcx893 sanford to manchester 10th november 2012.I only found this forum after we had started court proceedings.after reading through this thread I would like to ask opinions on if we should have based our claim on denied boarding...
    We arrived at the airport at our correct time to check in to be told our aircraft was no longer available due to disruptions within the fleet.basically they would be sending two smaller aircraft in its place that would also need to re fuel in Canada on the way home.
    Both flights were later than the one we should have been on (15:40) the first one left at 18:15 and the second one at 20:15 .we were on the second one were we denied boarding? In total we arrived home 7 and half hours late.

There is probably no need to complicate the matter by claiming that your flight was cancelled or that you were denied boarding, you were clearly delayed in excess of three hours so have a clear right to compensation via that route.
  • Notgoingaway
    Notgoingaway Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2013 at 10:35PM
    richardw wrote: »
    Did you fly with the same flight number?

the flight number was tcx893 on my original booking,but the letter at the airport says tcx0893.
    At no point did the screens or anyone ever say it was cancelled it was called a delay at the time.
  • I was on flight tcx2523 26/6/13 Dalaman to Manchester was deleyed 7 1/2 hours they have classed the delay as extraordinary circumstances as the plane they were going to use for the flight was involved in a bird collision on a pervious flight a few days before from a different destination can I still clam as there were no per visions made to get another plane
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If it really was a few days, then you would have a very strong claim, in my view.
  • albertspringer
    albertspringer Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 November 2013 at 1:32PM
    I am starting this thread for those claiming flight delay or cancellation compensation from Thomas Cook.

Hi,
    We flew with TC Airlines to Dalaman on Thursday 19th September 2013 from Manchester returning on Sunday 30th. Outbound flight was delayed 3 3/4 hrs, inbound was 6 hrs 5 mins. Wrote to their customer relations and received a reply 4 weeks later citing "circumstances beyond our control". Where do I go from here?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

Hi,
    We flew with TC Airlines to Dalaman on Thursday 19th September from Manchester returning on Sunday 30th. Outbound flight was delayed 3 3/4 hrs, inbound was 6 hrs 5 mins. Wrote to their customer relations and received a reply 4 weeks later citing "circumstances beyond our control". Where do I go from here?

Page one > FAQ's - might also be worth quoting the year if you have to post again.
  • 111KAB wrote: »
    Page one > FAQ's - might also be worth quoting the year if you have to post again.

Forgot to add....Flights were this year 2013
  • From what you have stated you were denied boarding and your claim should be such.

If 2 aircraft were used to fly all the passengers home then the first of these would usually carry the original flight number (TCX893), with the second fligt carrying a suffix of Y or A or similar. The flight number you have given (TCX0893) is essentially the same one as the original and does not therefore carry sufficient differential to prove that you were on the second flight.

You could therefore explore historical archive flight data to find out the 2 tail numbers of the aircraft used to perform the return flights from SFB-MAN and prove you were denied boarding or you can simply carry on with your current claim, putting the airline to strict proof that the delay was as a result of engine failure rather than disruption elsewhere within the fleet (engineering records etc).

You will of course have to include Wallentin-Hermann and Sturgeon judgments in full in your court bundle as well as quoting the relevant parts from these judgments to support your witness statement and draw the judge's attention to the fact that technical issues per se are an inherent part of operating an airline and therefore not extraordinary circumstances.
    Thank you I think we will carry on with the claim as it is ,especially as the engine failure they mention actually happened the day before our flight on a flight from Manchester to Cuba.i honestly don't think this plane was ever going to be our plane just not sure how we prove that ? Or do they have to prove it was?
    I think our plane was used to cover this or another delay in Las Vegas at the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure