Millionaire Challenge

Comments

• Hi Folks

Sorry I have not been posting I have been very busy but I have been reading to keep up with what you are all doing :)

I feel your pain with suppliers Kayalana I have been in touch with 4 so far number 1 didn't stock what I needed although that wasn't obvious until they released the full product description to me so a complete waste of time number 2 sent me a price list immediately with low minimum order so I was very happy until I realised that they have a minimum quantity for each item so to get a decent range it would be quite a big order anyway so on to number 3 in the hope that they would be more flexible on the amounts of each product so that I could flesh out the store with their products and stock my favourite ones from number 2 until I saw how they sold but number 3 wants to see my website before they will consider supplying me whereas I would like the products first so that I can take my own photos so I will have to fill my website with stock photos from number 2 to convince number 3 to supply me without knowing their prices or minimum item amounts so they could be written off meanwhile on to no 4 which has some really interesting items but are based in USA so may not be cost effective my head is in a whirl and that is before I even try to order in bulk from Asia :(

On the bright side I am officially in business as from 1st Oct seen the accountant and in the process of opening my business bank account :)

Off to work on website - I may be a while!

DTxx
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Perhaps try going back to number 3 and say that the website is in progress and you are happy to show them it but is it possible to get more information i.e prices in the meantime as you would like to work out margins etc?
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Kaya, that really is their loss! Good for you for finding an alternate.

DT, I was about to email you last thing this morning before the work I'm doing at midday - got a bit worried :o but I can read in that description just how much you've been doing.

Congratulations on opening for business!

I've finished the final bit of note-taking for my writing, and just a little bit on the other things, then its all speed ahead. I was really worried I might not make my self imposed deadline of 17 October, but I *think* I will now.

Good luck to all :T
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Sorry to worry you KC :o the days just seem to fly.

I could get back in touch with number 3 Kayalana but I have told them I will be in touch when the website is further along but I have made huge progress today even if I am still selling iphones and samsung tablets according to the template :rotfl: I have installed my new template and I am slowly altering it to suit my needs need to do a plan of how I want it to look now that I have the basics installed.

Hopefully it will zoom forward a bit if I can get photos installed I won't worry too much about product descriptions just yet they just seem to want to know how the site will look

DTxx
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    Good to hear from :beer: you

and great news on the site as well. I've been reminding myself of matched betting this afternoon :o and all my promises to myself to pay attention to external priorities have gone straight out of the window :o still, with my previous experience, at least its pretty sure I'll make money - and there're quite a few new tools on hand since I did last.
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I so so want to get started on my youtube but I am not finding the time! I finally got up to date yesterday and my Dad called me within half an hour as I was getting kids ready to go post office, another 200 order of P2 and I had an e-mail of a repeat customer wanting 300 of P1...all good really that's about £70 profit as big ish orders but I have so much other stuff to do! It really is taking over my life atm lol.

I have yet to be sent the artwork for the 200 order so now I have literally just finished my eBay (again) I have no doubt that will be through shortly....I am dreading Christmas I said to my OH that he will just have to be patience with me over the next few months...no doubt he will.

I best get on with cleaning the house before my lovely children come home ...usually here between 2-230pm so I won't have much longer.

I also need to sort my office out and do a stock take, get updated on my booking from ...june... and get my listings sorted out as they do look very unprofessional...time to get some artwork done and make them look good I think as I bet it will help.

GAH....someone come work for me. :(
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 10 October 2014 at 11:09AM
    Kayalana99 wrote: »

GAH....someone come work for me. :(

Kay
    - I feel your pain.I definitely need another pair of hands. I need to clone myself.:rotfl:

Actually I have been thinking about this and i have decided i am definitely going to employ someone for a while. I think a cleaner to help me get straight, for starters. Then on the next house I was wondering about a youngster as a labourer/jack of all trades.

I wouldn't be able to offer a proper apprenticeship as such, but I could offer someone the chance of work experience and the chance to learn a few simple diy skills. I'm not sure quite how to go about this. I was thinking of say a six month contract to start with because at this stage I cannot guarantee someone a permanent job. Do you think this would be acceptable. I certainly don't want to exploit anyone.

Anyway I thought there must be plenty of SAHM's who want to earn a bit to help with Christmas and who can only pare a few hours whilst the kids are at school or nursery so I think I will investigate that this week.

Anyway - not a bad week, finally finished most of the paperwork dealing with my husband's estate. Just a couple of letters to write and then I think I'm done/

Not made much money this week, not spoken to the lady who sells for me but I do have another batch ready to go next week.

I' have had a small tax rebate and apparently there is another small pension pot with my name on it, just got to fill out the claim forms etc. It won't be much but its better than a slap in the face with a wet haddock. :D

With all these little dribs and drabs coming together it looks as if I shall have a nice tidy little lump sum to play with and a passive income which is more than enough to take care of my day to day needs.

Whilst not exactly a "rich widow" I am lucky in that I won't have any real money worries as long as I dont go on any wild spending sprees.

Having said that I'm still spending on House No 2, but hopefully we are nearly there now. We now have skirting boards and architraves - Wahoo. I dont think we are going to make much money on this house, we have spent rather more than I would have liked but there you go. these things happen. If we cant get a good price for it then we might just let it out. This area does fetch good rents. No need to decide yet.

I'm sort of half looking for house no 3 now but not found "the one" yet. I'm sure its out there somewhere.

DS2 has started a bit of day trading but so far has had mixed results. He won't be giving up the day job just yet…….

Thats about all my news for now.

Hope you are all well and e enjoying your money making journey.

Its now 2 months to the day since my husband died. How time flies. The boys and I are doing ok, just toddling along and getting our lives back together. It takes time.

Tink - where are you. Hope all is well.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Night Rider - I think you idea of hair and make up tutorials is an excellent idea.
  • Karmacat
    Forumite
    I have been wondering about passive income since somebody mentioned it on here, I was on another forum and they mentioned tutorials online and how he is not an expert but is making good money off an apple tutorial of all things, on this site https://www.udemy.com/courses/

I am seriously thinking of doing something like this as I am a qualified hair and make up artist and have other things I can do.
    I only saw this properly because LL gave you some feedback just now, sorry I missed it before. I think this is a brilliant idea - I keep seeing women in their 20s and 30s with thousands (literally) of followers who do makeup tutorials online - and since you've got training as well, you've got a good selling point for your work as well. Hope you've decided to go for it.
    I wouldn't be able to offer a proper apprenticeship as such, but I could offer someone the chance of work experience and the chance to learn a few simple diy skills. I'm not sure quite how to go about this. I was thinking of say a six month contract to start with because at this stage I cannot guarantee someone a permanent job. Do you think this would be acceptable. I certainly don't want to exploit anyone.
    I think its a great idea! Whoever you take on will soon learn that you're not Lady Muck, swanning about with a chauffeur and a personal assistant :D and they'll learn a lot about what its like to do the job. And a six month contract is fine - after all, the alternative is often zero hours :( seriously, 6 months is fine, its a good idea.
    DS2 has started a bit of day trading but so far has had mixed results. He won't be giving up the day job just yet…….
    I tried this ... had to give up while I got ill. I found a way of working that seemed to offer 80% winning trades on paper, but RL turned out to be very different. Its very tough. I haven't gone back to it yet, and I don't know if I ever will, but I wish your DS well.
    Its now 2 months to the day since my husband died. How time flies. The boys and I are doing ok, just toddling along and getting our lives back together. It takes time.
    Oh my word, what a thought. You've pulled yourself together amazingly, LL, please give yourself as much time as you need. Its **only** two months, even though it must feel like a different planet.

Tink - where are you. Hope all is well.
    From me too.

My own stuff:
    - building the stencils and the knitted moggies is going slowly.
    - counselling work slowing down even further.
    - I've had a first practice at matched betting, will *try* to do a real one tomorrow, but I haven't even funded Betfair properly, so thats probably not possible right now.
    - I'm back writing the book - up to 22,000 words now :) and its been so long I'd actually forgotten how much I enjoy it.
    - my lossmaker, the French apartment - I successfully paid my French taxes online today! I can't tell you how long this took, and it was a begging letter to my French accountant that gave me the proper linkie to do it. She's a genius, that woman :rotfl: Its important to me to be able to do it online, I'll be much more mobile in the future, its cheaper, when you *can* do it, its quicker, and I can avoid the flu thats probably even now breeding in post offices up and down the land :rotfl:

Enjoy the money-making, as LL says. Enjoy the weekend too :)
  • Looks like you're right on track Karma. I just hope I could come as close to what you have right now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback