PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Selling house...should i pay for a video tour?

Hi,

I am selling a fairly upmarket property soon and was offered a professional video tour service by an estate agent. The video will be on the company's website and their demo certainly looks impressive.

Is it worth paying for this service? I can see some benefits but Im not sure this is totally necessary.

I would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

bert.

Comments

• weemee
    weemee Posts: 183 Forumite
    I would advise caution as to what is avaliable, and be sure that the security of the house is not compromised!
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    video tours are standard on quite a few internet based estate agents such as half a percent., I personally wouldnt pay extra for them, Id be encouraging the EA to chuck it in for free!
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'd have it if it were free, but good photographs work just as well, if not better. If you want to see what it looks like in real life - you go and physically view it, don't you?
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • noyk
    noyk Posts: 253 Forumite
    noot everyone has the time, especially if you have money you have more choice. I think video tours are a good idea for some places. But as alreayd meantioned, make sure it doesn't compromise your security.
  • How about panoramic interactive photo... you get them quite often with tourist attractions and i'm sure i've seen them on property sites
  • Thx for the advice. I'll see if iI can get the EA to include this service for free.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure