Chinese Restaurant Manchester?

Options
Hi

We are planning a trip to Manchester and wander if anyone can suggest a great chinese restaurant in China Town for lunch. We would like a buffet style set menu or similar with good prices and good food, has to be children friendly.

Many thanks

Comments

• real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    They are pretty much all child friendly and virtually all do set lunches (usually as a "businessman's lunch").

Not sure if they do a set lunch, but I always like the Little Yang Sing. Make sure you have some DimSum - Mmmmm beef dumplings with ginger and spring onion!
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Some are more child friendly and less expansive than others, if you want a good deal try the Buffet City on Portland Street.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • knowsleyroader
    Options
    Provided you don't mind tripping over Man Utd football players, I'd highly recommend this one:- http://www.wingsrestaurant.co.uk/
  • chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    Options
    The Yang Sing (not the Little Yang Sing which is nice) is by far the best, but it isn't that cheap! Better at lunch though and nice for kids. If you can afford it I would recommend it, it's one of the best Chinese restaurants in the country (in my opinion).

http://www.yang-sing.com/restaurant/index.html

too many comps..not enough time!
  • elvina
    elvina Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions.
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    I seond the Yang Sing....nothing better.
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    The Little Yang Sing do a two course lunch for £9.95 -that's soup or dim sum then a main course. You can have soup, plus dim sum and a main course for £11.95. They do add on a 10% service charge.It's on Charlotte st.The chicken with lemon and honey is lovely.

If you want a buffet the Pan Asia on Faulkener st is quite good.

We ate in the Little Yang Sing today and there were children eating there.
  • Forgetful
    Forgetful Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Options
    do not go to yang sing... their treatment is quite dependant on who u r!!!!
  • andy79
    andy79 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I've been working close to China Town in Manchester for over 5 years and am also of Oriental descent so should hopefully know my stuff ;)!

Please, please, please ignore those people who recommend the Yang Sing. It is trading from a reputation which is decades old and is not a true reflection of the shoddy service and high prices which it doles out now.

If you're looking for a good value lunch served in a buffet style, I would visit Pan Asia. It is a really good restaurant situated opposite the entrance to the main car park in China Town. It does a really good quality buffet at £7.95 for adults and and £4.50 for children. Check out the typical menu here http://www.pan-asia.co.uk/buffet.htm

The food is very good as it reverts to a normal a la carte restaurant in the evening and all the food is cooked fresh and has a speedy turnover. We've been going there regularly for years at lunchtimes.

If you are going in the evening, I would recommend either the New Emporer ar the New Hong Kong which offer a good authentic mix of foods.
  • knowsleyroader
    Options
    I've just clicked on the above link which is a reported attack site so beware
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure