Quickest application, biggest limit

I have taken my eye off the ball of late, and my stooze pot has dwindled from nearly 60k in the early summer to one 0% card (Abbey) with £9700 on it. This runs out on 10th November. I still have Egg, TSb platinum, TSB Advance, Mint, Goldfish cards but with little or nothing on them.
What card am I best applying for in the short term that will give me a 10 k credit limit and who will process my application quick enough?
Although I've made some decent money stoozing, I still get the feeling I actually don't understand it and was going to stop. If I can keep the last of it going, I think it will give me some breathing space to plan my strategy for building up again.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    Close all those other cards (except Egg) - they will hinder you in your quest for big limits. Then apply for new ones once the credit agencies have had time to update. I think you'll end up in a better position overall, because right now you're going to be scrabbling around for dribs and drabs of credit.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Stonk wrote:
    Close all those other cards (except Egg) - they will hinder you in your quest for big limits.
    I have LTSB and they don't report my account activity to the CRA's, although I'm not sure about Mint and Goldfish. £2 statutory reports will show what needs to be addressed prior to next application.

In my experience, highest limits were given by M&S (in addition to Egg, MBNA, & LTSB which OP has already got/had). I understand Capital One give good limits but the uncapped fee on the current "Jan-07" offer could be a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure