Issue buying from Amazon - wanting to return

Now sorry i know the forum title is eBay & auctions etc but i didn't know where was most suitable for this thread and as Amazon and eBay are similar (some would argue not i'm sure) plus i've recently been buying from eBay and the items have come in Amazon packaging - that's why i've ended up here.

Basically at the end of May i bought a Moov Now fitness tracker for use with swimming. I've used it about 4 times. The first time appeared fine, the second i thought there were some entries that were incorrect but wasn't sure. The 3rd time i was fairly sure there were a number of incorrect entries and the last time i know for 100% that there was. Missing out key lengths, adding considerable amounts of time on to some lengths.

So i got in touch with the seller saying how it's defective, told them what's happening & said i'd like to return for refund.

They've been back in touch to say they've contacted Moov who just say check the battery (the thing is brand new - battery is good upon test) and Moov would replace the battery if it was bad.

That was it. No response to me wanting a refund.

So how does purchasing from Amazon and getting refunds work? Am i outside of any refund window right now? Can you escalate things like with eBay?

Just looking for some advice on it really.

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary

They've been back in touch to say they've contacted Moov who just say check the battery (the thing is brand new - battery is good upon test) and Moov would replace the battery if it was bad.

That was it. No response to me wanting a refund.
    Get in touch with Amazon customer services. It will give you options to call or email. Explain that you have contacted the seller asking for a refund on a faulty item and the seller hasn't been helpful.

The chances are you will get a refund quite quickly. They may contact the seller again, if they do give them 24 hours to give a satisfactory response, if not then get back in touch with Amazon.

Stay clear and concise with messages to Amazon.

Amazon, in my experience, are much easier to get refunds and sort out exchanges than Ebay.
  • F&L
    F&L Posts: 570 Forumite
    edited 20 June 2018 at 8:15AM
    Has the seller been unhelpful? They've made a suggestion to resolving it but perhaps could have ended by saying they would be happy to replace or refund it the suggestion offered is not acceptable.

In my experience if you contact Amazon directly they will pass the message on to the seller to ask them to resolve. I would contact the seller again and say as you've had the item for less that 30 days you wish to return for a refund as is your legal right. If they won't accept the return then you can open an A-Z claim.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry to hear about the issues you are having, Amazon are superb to deal with although you will probably be directed to the seller in the first instance. As RFW explains you might get a better response from the seller if you let them know that isn't the issue.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201819160 covers the marketplace returns.

In essence, you have 30 days - have a look at the A-Z claims process which is your next port of call. Check you've done as Amazon ask in contacting the seller and waiting the appropriate time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201889730
    You can file a claim when all of the following apply:
    You've contacted the Seller through Your Account.
    You've waited two business days for a response.
    Your request meets one of our A-to-z Guarantee conditions below:
    The Seller failed to deliver the item by 3 calendar days past the maximum estimated delivery date or 30 days from the order date, whichever is sooner.
    The item you received was damaged, defective, materially different, or you changed your mind and you returned it in line with Amazon's return policy but you have not been refunded or the refund was in the wrong amount. You must (1) contact the Seller within 30 days from receipt of the item (or by the end of any extended period e.g., extended Christmas returns policy, if later) and (2) postmark the return within 14 days from arranging the return with the Seller. The refund amount you are entitled to is included in the table below:

it goes on, but you get the general idea I'm sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure