CMC company trying to claim payment on plevin award

1235»

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Whilst agreeing with dunstoh ..........how would the finance company have known to look again at your claim if they had not put a stamp on a letter and posted it?
    Did you do your own Plevin claim?

If so you are in the clear - if not -- squeaky bum time.
  • Whilst agreeing with dunstoh ..........how would the finance company have known to look again at your claim if they had not put a stamp on a letter and posted it?
    Did you do your own Plevin claim?

If so you are in the clear - if not -- squeaky bum time.

hi, i completed a claim form online through the lender direct when i found out about the plevin ruling. the CMC did not do anything for this claim
    i am still waiting for their response at the moment
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    hi, i completed a claim form online through the lender direct when i found out about the plevin ruling. the CMC did not do anything for this claim
    i am still waiting for their response at the moment

..........But had you used the claims management company prior to this?
    If so then their terms will state that they get paid however you receive your refund.
    Up to you how you treat this - good luck.
  • Mrs_Moir77
    Mrs_Moir77 Posts: 12 Forumite
    *gently sticking my head above the parapet * - on the back of the complaint I had sent to the LO, today I have had an email from the Claims Regulations Team in the MOJ. They would like to raise my case with the Fair Trade Practice to clarify if they breached any rules.

I will keep you updated if that's ok?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mrs_Moir77 wrote: »
    *gently sticking my head above the parapet * - on the back of the complaint I had sent to the LO, today I have had an email from the Claims Regulations Team in the MOJ. They would like to raise my case with the Fair Trade Practice to clarify if they breached any rules.

That would be very useful, particularly to help other people who are being stung by these [deleted for politeness]
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Mrs_Moir77 wrote: »

This is a positive thing. Especially as its the MoJ that set the rules and it is the MoJ that stated in Aug 2014 CMC briefing that collecting fees they are not entitled to could be considered fraud.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure