This Duo's debt free journey

Comments

• Cycling even a couple of days will save you a massive amount each month.

Hoping you feel better soon. I am full of a cold and feeling awful. Luckily, I have left over lasagne in otherwise it would definitely be a takeaway night as i'm too achy and feeling sorry for myself to cook too.

You might find a rain coat on eBay as well to match your other bargain. I bought an expensive coat last year, which I am hoping lasts me about 5 winters to justify the cost.

I need to find motivation today, but just can't. At least it means I won't be spending as I can't be bothered to get up.
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Nicnak wrote: »
    Cycling even a couple of days will save you a massive amount each month.

Hoping you feel better soon. I am full of a cold and feeling awful. Luckily, I have left over lasagne in otherwise it would definitely be a takeaway night as i'm too achy and feeling sorry for myself to cook too.

You might find a rain coat on eBay as well to match your other bargain. I bought an expensive coat last year, which I am hoping lasts me about 5 winters to justify the cost.

I need to find motivation today, but just can't. At least it means I won't be spending as I can't be bothered to get up.

Found some leftover bolognese in the freezer so we are having that, I'm really glad because I just don't want to cook and I don't even want to answer the front door even for takeaway.

I got a coat from amazon as I needed it to come quickly, only cost me £17 and I used my amazon vouchers from swagbucks. I've just discovered that you can get access to a locker on campus, they are given out on a first come first served basis but priority is given to those who don't live on campus, £20 deposit but you get that back when you give the key back. I'm really hoping I get one as this will really help keep me motivated to cycle in, the worst thing about cycling in is having to then carry a big bag around uni.

I know what you mean about motivation, I have a huge to do list and I just can't find the motivation to do any of it, I'm in a 'oh I'll do that tomorrow' kind of mood but I have plans for tomorrow.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Ok so now I have a total of £407.05 to last me until the first week of January including Christmas, this was previously £556.74 so in 10 days I have spent £150. This has been on a food shop and some spends on cycling gear, the rest has just been down to a lack of planning.

I'm really hoping that I will be able to find some time between mum duties and uni to find some extra money to boost it a little. I'm beginning to think that my debt payments in this quarter may have stretched me a little too much but I'm still going to try, if I could overpay the same each quarter (£1800) then I could potentially be debt free this time next year! I know that I couldn't be this stretched for a whole year but its a nice thought and it makes me feel that my goal DFD of Dec 18 isn't impossible.
  • Ouch that sounds like a tight budget. Can you break it down to a daily amount so you know if it's realistic?

Maybe you need to rest and recharge your batteries today and then get back on track tomorrow. Sometimes your body is telling you to rest and its wise to listen to it, to ward off infections, etc.

Glad you found something to eat so you don't have to cook tonight :). Hope you manage to get a locker as every little counts on your tight budget.

You're doing really well. Everyone has their bad days but you'll feel better if you rest today. I always suffer from low mood when I'm tired.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Ouch that sounds like a tight budget. Can you break it down to a daily amount so you know if it's realistic?

Maybe you need to rest and recharge your batteries today and then get back on track tomorrow. Sometimes your body is telling you to rest and its wise to listen to it, to ward off infections, etc.

Glad you found something to eat so you don't have to cook tonight :). Hope you manage to get a locker as every little counts on your tight budget.

You're doing really well. Everyone has their bad days but you'll feel better if you rest today. I always suffer from low mood when I'm tired.

It is a very tight budget, I plan on signing up to a couple of challenges in October to try and both boost income and also keep spends down. Its about £100 per month if I allow £100 for Christmas presents. This £100 will have to cover food, fuel for the car and any other day to day spends, everything else I have covered.

Thank you, I think today will be a recharge day, we haven't done much at all with our day, managed a couple of things around the house but thats it. For the past week or two I feel like I have just had a permanent headache.
  • Going you get that locker so you can manage that budget. That really is a tight budget to stick to.

Right behind you following your journey and hong you get debt free when you want. Equally though, don't over stretch yourself. I find if I do that then I have a big blowout. It feels unmanageable and I just think why should I bother. The coat wasn't expensive at all.
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 2 October 2017 at 3:22PM
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Going you get that locker so you can manage that budget. That really is a tight budget to stick to.

Right behind you following your journey and hong you get debt free when you want. Equally though, don't over stretch yourself. I find if I do that then I have a big blowout. It feels unmanageable and I just think why should I bother. The coat wasn't expensive at all.

Thank you, I also find that if I stretch myself too far then I will have a blow out.

So I cycled in to uni again today so saved myself around £3 on parking and fuel. Spent £4.22 on food but my budget is still around the same as I had £5 back from a friend that I had forgotten about. I'm really struggling with a few things at the moment so I'm just doing what I can for now, haven't managed to list anything on Ebay yet and I am slacking with my surveys but I just don't have the time or motivation to do it.

Oh to add, payment for my loan has been taken today and interest added to car loan, I will update my signature shortly. Also received my £50 cashback from changing my broadband so I have put that in the bank but it is already in my budget.
  • You're making progress DFD. Sometimes it feels like one step forward and one step back, but you are heading in the right direction so you will get there in the end :).

You will also feel less tired as you get used to the cycling and your fitness increases.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Forumite
    Not much to report today, only spent £2.50 on parking which I knew I would have to spend. I can't cycle on Tuesdays because of having to drop the LO off. I can't wait for January to be able to make another dent in this debt although I have to make it through Christmas without using the credit card first!
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Forumite
    I don't think I counted my cashback from my broadband in my previous budget so the damage wasn't quite as bad as I thought, my budget to last until January is £429.77 although my birthday is between now and then and I usually get some money from my dad, I'm hoping I can put this in the debt repayment pot rather than on day to day spends but I know its there if needed.

Today wasn't too bad overall, the only negative of the day is that I couldn't cycle, I really wanted to but because I haven't been taking care of myself properly I felt really light headed this morning and decided that it wasn't worth the risk to save £2 on parking. Total spends for the day are £13.36 (11.36 food, 2.00 parking), when I compare my spends so far this month on food to a usual month I am doing extremely well, previously I probably would have easily spent £50 by now but I'm making my previous shop last and I am also working on getting the freezer contents down.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure