Beware - Simply Electronics Scam? advice plz

Comments

• I'd recommend these no probs, I got an iPad Air 2 at the cheapest price ever on the net. They state 7-10 days, it came in 13. From feedback here and a few other forums it does seem a few folk have had issues in receiving stuff in time for Xmas presents etc, which I can understand. I guess if you're not in a rush, then there's no problem. Saying this company are a scam however is unjustified and unsubstantiated. They are real company selling good electronic equipment, they just seem a little slow when it comes to the logistics. Give em a chance I say..... I did, and I'm now writing this review on my new iPad 13 days after purchase.
  • I was looking to place an order with simply electronics. After some search I have found there are bad reviews about the company everywhere. The thing that put me off was not actually bad reviews because many competitors are also putting bad reviews on different forums. The issue I had was that they are not in UK/EU but in Hong Kong and there seems to be an attempt to hide IP information. Personally I will pay more to local retailer for peace of mind.
  • trukdiver
    trukdiver Posts: 747 Forumite
    Fludd wrote: »
    I'd recommend these no probs, I got an iPad Air 2 at the cheapest price ever on the net. They state 7-10 days, it came in 13. From feedback here and a few other forums it does seem a few folk have had issues in receiving stuff in time for Xmas presents etc, which I can understand. I guess if you're not in a rush, then there's no problem. Saying this company are a scam however is unjustified and unsubstantiated. They are real company selling good electronic equipment, they just seem a little slow when it comes to the logistics. Give em a chance I say..... I did, and I'm now writing this review on my new iPad 13 days after purchase.

You joined in January, made one post to say how good they are then never post again? :rotfl:
  • Just cancelled order after 2 week wait - still not even packed!!!

As with everyone else who've reviewed these shysters, I ordered an item (in my case, an LG G4) that was showing 'in stock, 2-5 days dispatch'.
    13 days later, the item still isn't dispatched, or packed, it's 'in a queue'.
    They took the money out instantly of course..
    So, they've had my money for 13 days, but not dispatched the item that they claim to have 'in stock'.
    They are either thieves or they're using other peoples money like a pyramid scheme.
    DO NOT let them use your money!!
  • dawn191
    dawn191 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Terrible website. AVOID AT ALL COST. Unfortunately, I did not do any research either. I fell into the trap of trusting Google shop (I shan't be making that mistake again). The company took £300 off me for a non-existent iPad which was to be delivered in 10 business days. 14 business days, I went on the website to track my order to see that the order was still being processed. Worried, I went to contact the business to find the number does not work and the email adress doesn't. After writing a review on the website.. They contacted me requesting to take the review down. THE CHEEK. Anyway, I said, if you refund my money, I will take the review down. 2-3 business days they said the money will be my account. 4 BUSINESS DAYS LATER I email the company asking where my money was. Apparently, they have a new system in place and it would take an additional 9 business days for the money to come into my account. 15 BUSINESS DAYS LATER and I am still i-padless and missing £300. AVOID at all cost.
  • michele216
    michele216 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 17 June 2016 at 10:48AM
    Ok ordered on 13/05/16 and cancelled on 02/06/16 after my order went through 13 different status changes but being nowhere near dispatch. Today is 17/06/16 and I've still not received my £195 back. After repeated phone calls emails I was assured I would get the money by today, those customer service staff must sure get some abuse. The latest excuse was there has been a "system glitch" which has delayed my refund...REALLY??!! Even my refund status changed 4 times its now ranted as a priority refund!!

Paid on Visa Debit card which made me nervous but I contacted HSBC today and told them I wanted a charge back, they took the details said they would put my money back in my account in one day and challenge the transaction with the company. Unless they can prove delivery there will not be a problem! Thank goodness for HSBC! I will in future pay for any online transaction by CC and also do my research fully and not be blinded by the product being £40 cheaper!! AVOID!!!
  • Contact your bank or CC company for charge back! Good luck!
  • Returned faulty item under warranty. Firm then lost said item. I asked for a refund refused under Distance Selling Regulations which do not apply...still waiting for return or refund. Over two months now.Anyone else having similar problems?
  • Never EVER buy from Simply Electronics- they are a scam.
    I ordered an Apple iPad Air 2 (Gold) with Wi-Fi 16GB and one month later it still has not arrived.

Simply Electronics is still advertising this item on your website as “in stock” and with delivery “usually dispatched in 2-5 business days”

I have taken a time-dated screenshot and reported them to Trading Standards
    They are crooks.

Regrettably I can only conclude that Simply Electronics is a fraudulent operation
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have taken a time-dated screenshot and reported them to Trading Standards
    They are crooks

There is nothing that Trading Standards can or will do as Simply Electronics is a Hong Kong based business with no UK base of operations.
    Your best bet would be to contact your debit card provider (assuming that you paid this way) and request a chargeback or if a credit card was used, either a chargeback or a "section 75" claim.
    If it was a paypal payment, open a goods not received dispute.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure