Call Credit: The more I pay off the lower my score?

Options
13»

Comments

• solihullrose
    Options
    Hi
    My daughter & son-in-law have just received a pin number through the post from Call Credit. They have now been able to go online and look at their report. My daughter's score with them is showing as 2 my son-in-laws as 3 but there is nothing showing as to the reason for their low scores. If no reason is given how can this ever be addressed? With both Experian and Equifax they are both showing as excellent? They have also been told that they can only get a report from Call Credit once a month. Any advice for them would be very appreciated.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    You fail to understand your 'score' is meaningless. It is a CRA in search of creating a virtual product to let gullible punters pay them for useless numbers.

A client of the CRA has no use for this random number generator and scores the customer based on their own criteria and desired customer profile.

It has no rational purpose in the real world.
  • solihullrose
    Options
    Thanks for your reply but Lloyds have told them no mortgage unless you can sort things out with Call Credit. They have not been able to find out what adverse information Call Credit are working with as they believe that they have never had any adverse credit and Call Credit have not provided them with any information to address anything. It has not been until today that they have been able to look online to see their report with Call Credit and so far it has shown no information. How are they meant to move anything forward? They seem to be dealing with an extremely unhelpfull company- Call Credit. My daughter was spoken to very badly on a call to them and as far as she and her husband are aware they have NO BAD CREDIT.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter's score with them is showing as 2 my son-in-laws as 3 but there is nothing showing as to the reason for their low scores. If no reason is given how can this ever be addressed?

Forget the scores. Have they each been through the full detail on the statutory report from callcredit?

Have they checked the credit account section and do they each recognise every account? does every account show all payments made on time and no outstanding balances that they were unaware of?
    Have they checked all the other sections of the report?
    Any aliases showing?
    Any financial associations with anyone other than each other?
    Any county court judgements?
    Is the electoral roll information accurate?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your reply but Lloyds have told them no mortgage unless you can sort things out with Call Credit. They have not been able to find out what adverse information Call Credit are working with as they believe that they have never had any adverse credit and Call Credit have not provided them with any information to address anything. It has not been until today that they have been able to look online to see their report with Call Credit and so far it has shown no information. How are they meant to move anything forward? They seem to be dealing with an extremely unhelpfull company- Call Credit. My daughter was spoken to very badly on a call to them and as far as she and her husband are aware they have NO BAD CREDIT.

You would be better of starting your own thread
  • ValHaller
    ValHaller Posts: 5,212 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    You would be better of starting your own thread
    I agree. This is an important question to solihullrose, and I respect that, but it really is disrupting djr's interesting and very useful discussion. Please don't hijack threads
    You might as well ask the Wizard of Oz to give you a big number as pay a Credit Referencing Agency for a so-called 'credit-score'
  • ValHaller
    ValHaller Posts: 5,212 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    djr18 wrote: »
    I am not too worried about my credit score, but I just wanted to know why it was lower. My score being lower just seemed to contradict all the advice given about raising / maintaining your credit score.

I think the lesson I have learned is the score is not just about the credit worthiness of the customer but also the profitability of the customer. I guess that I would need to start taking out more debt that I pay interest on to help improve my score.
    I don't think it is even about the profitability of the customer, since no lender uses it - all lenders use different criteria according to the needs of a business. You would expect scoring for a mortgage to be very different to scoring for sofa credit.

My own suspicion is that they score up to 1000 and use a calculation method which makes the result sensitive to small changes in circumstances so that the so-called 'credit-score' fluctuates, which keeps people nervous and paying their good money for this rubbish information.
    You might as well ask the Wizard of Oz to give you a big number as pay a Credit Referencing Agency for a so-called 'credit-score'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure