IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PLEASE HELP! Court Claim for residential parking fines!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Send a complaint about this to the Council, plus tell them that UKPC are banned for a second time by the DVLA now, and are under investigation, so when are the Council going to end this wholly unsuitable contract?

In fact if you wait till 25th May, send a SAR to UKPC for all photos, data held, letters sent, PCNs and any 'white list' entry and dates you VRN was added to that list, and anything about your awaited permit, the reason for the year delay and all/any information or communications from the Council/landowner regarding the same.

and a SAR to the Council for the same as the above, quoting your VRN.

Google to read about what a SAR is, only send these at/after 25th May, when GDPR comes in. Read about it, tons about this online right now, and a SAR is free and they have to release ALL information held about you/your VRN.

Also search this forum for 'SAR subject access' and copy one written the other week, and add in the above requirements and your VRN, name and address.

Let's see what UKPC and the Council comes back with. And like I said, also complain in a separate letter to the Council and tip them off about UKPC being a (by all accounts) disreputable firm who are banned again, and demand to know whose fault it was that no permit was supplied in a timely fashion, because you intend to sue over any loss caused:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-parking-control-dvla-suspension-misuse-of-data-a8325941.html

You want UKPC gone. Be really robust about the complaint and the SARs (after 25th).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lunek
    Lunek Posts: 56 Forumite
    Thank you for all your support. I really appreciate it.
    I!!!8217;m working on my SAR now.

Do I send it to the council or the housing association?
  • Coupon-mad
    Housing Association by the sounds of it. I thought you said Council?
  • Lunek
    Well they are connected as the council directed me to the housing association.
  • Lunek
    When I search SAR nothing comes up.
    Would it be in other similar threads about parking tickets?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Lunek wrote: »
    When I search SAR nothing comes up.
    Would it be in other similar threads about parking tickets?

There'll be very little about parking tickets, per se. You need to use suggested frameworks littered everywhere around the Internet and fill in your own details. Try these to give you a start and some inspiration.

https://ico.org.uk/media/for-the-public/documents/1253/how_to_make_a_request.doc

https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/blog/how-to-write-a-gdpr-compliant-data-subject-access-request-procedure/

https://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/insights/blogs/employment-law-blog/top-10-tips-for-making-a-subject-access-request

https://www.mind.org.uk/media/5049859/my-personal-information.pdf

........ and they go on...... Google rattled these out in 0.57 seconds.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Lunek
    Thank you for that.

I have already found some on google.

A lot of useful information on here:
    https://padi.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/201413589-Defending-Court-Claim-What-are-the-stages-?mobile_site=true
  • Coupon-mad
    If you searched SAR on this forum and got zero results, you are searching the forum wrong!
    HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION

Use the Forum Jump button (one near the top and one near bottom of this page) to get back to the forum thread list. Just above the threads, on the right, is a heading along a line, next to forum tools, called 'Search this Forum'.

Put your key word(s) in and change the default search from 'Show Threads' to 'Show Posts'.
  • Lunek
    Thanks for all the info. It is well appreciated.

Could you please advise if this SAR is ok to send. Thank you

[Your full address]
    [Phone number]
    [The date]
    [Name and address of the organisation]

Dear Sir or Madam

Subject access request

Please supply the information about me which I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to the following information:

(a) All information you hold under my name and/or address and/or any other personal data and/or parameters;

(b) All information you hold under my vehicle registration mark ABCD EFG, such as images of the car or letters sent to me about my car;

(c) All other information you hold about me, including information from or to third parties;

If you need more information from me, please let me know as soon as possible.
    It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days. If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer.
    If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner!!!8217;s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at https://www.ico.gov.uk

Yours faithfully

Signed
  • Lunek
    I have amended point (c) :

(c) All other information you hold about me including information from or to third parties regarding the delay of issuing my parking permit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure