Dusty's Frugal Fortnights

Comments

• dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 4 May 2018 at 9:30AM
    beanielou wrote: »
    Remember that 4 stone is still an amazing achievement.
    BEst to go to maintain if I was you.
    You could call target for now & then adjust it when things are more stable health wise?

thanks for your comment,beanie lou.
    Yes.I've decided to maintain for now but will not be going to SW any more,I need less stress in my life
    And calling target with 2 or 3 stone left to go will look very strange. Most members are just beginning their weight loss journey at that weight!:rotfl:
    And I am having serious doubts about the whole SW method . I'll have a rant about that another time:D
    Now I must do my tasks for the day list done and get down to some work !
  • dustydigger
    Lovely sunny day today,shame about the nasty wind!
    Mr Dusty slept in till after nine this morning,after doing the garden yesterday.Didnt have breakfast till 9.30 !
    Then the handle on the bathroom window came off in his hand. For months it has got looser,the window not closing fully unless we jammed something in to close it tight,or else those lovely northern gentle breezes(!) made the upstairs freezing.Tried to fix it,no chance so had to call council.:(
    In a queue (as usual) then when I did get through the woman said the computer was being sluggish. 4 minutes of inane musak later she came back on apologising and said could she phone me back when the computer loaded.Had to wait 20 minutes,but finally arranged for a repair.Then I wanted to come on here,and there was no internet,cue faffing around with the router and now at last I get on .:T
    Obviously have to rearrange my jobs for the day,bathroom takes priority.So this morning:
    +tidy bathroom,wash floor,put bath mats in washer ,remove the toiletries from windowsill,(must find a box to pop them in).
    +do the potatoes,broccoli, chicken tikka.
    + remove cobwebs from all ceilings. scary amount of them,havent done it for a long time:eek:
    +prepare wallpaper paste to stick down various peeling /curling up wallpaper corners,and behind radiators.
    No idea when the council will come to do window,so my plans for the afternoon will be on hold.Wanted to go to that library 50 minute bus ride away and hand in 5 books,renew the other 5 .I go every two months,its a great library for my science fiction.Only one bus an hour though and close at 5 so I like to get the 2 pm bus,thats looking unlikely now:(.
    Running really late with the tasks so I'd better get on
    +
  • dustydigger
    edited 6 May 2018 at 10:28AM
    :rotfl::mad:Well,the man came to mend the window lock at 4.40,so never got out at all.
    Wasnt too well this weekend,broken sleep and night sweats,lots of oedema,so put on 3 lbs overnight:eek:

Family problems too. GD2 has a nasty ex-partner who terrifies her. He lives in another town and there is a restraining order against him,he isnt even supposed to come here.GD2 changed the locks but he actually put the wheelie bins one on top of the other and climbed up to the bedroom window. First she knew was when he appeared coming down the stairs carrying a hammer. She has had to move back in with her mother with her two babies ( 18 months and 2 months) and he stalks her,peering in through the window,abusing and threatening her on FB.Yet again Friday night the police were called. My daughter lives only one block down from me,and we live in a nice, quiet,respectable crime free area,so police cars coming 2 and 3 times a week is just never seen. On top of the fear and tension,the embarrassment is awful. My family have lived here since my parents got the house in 1936 and we've never had a problem.My poor daughter,who often suffers from clinical depression is under enormous pressure,her house is jam packed with 3 daughters and the babies and all GD2s possessions,she has a stressful job with a 90 mins each way commute each day,and I worry about her almost more than the stalker situation.:(
    All in all,with Mr Dusty's never ending court case ( the former magistrate has left the area,works in another district court. He claims he is still writing his report,but surely he should have given everything to the incoming judge?Its a nightmare.Case began January 2013,still no end in sight!) ,the stalker situation,and my health problems I just laugh when websites talk about removing stress from your life with meditation,yoga,tai'chi and the like. Chance would be a fine thing.
    And no wonder I am ditching SW and slimming for the moment.It will be a major struggle avoiding stress and comfort eating and maintaining. It never rains but it pours........:(
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That sounds really scary Dusty. I am surprised the police haven't arrested him and kept him locked up until trial. He must be breaking the law so it's hard to see why the authorities have not dealt with it already.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    That all sounds dire.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Oh god Dusty, that sounds horrible :( your poor daughter/ granddaughter. It is very surprising more hasn't been done. You would think if there was restraining order and repeat offences the police would take more action.
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • dustydigger
    Hello people.you must think I am lost.The internet has been horrendous for a week,and our IP is useless,all they tell you is to switch and switch back on!:mad::mad:.Doing that every 10 minutes? I dont think so.
    Anyway,we checked all wiring and got new microfilters,tried different things,reset etc etc etc and touch wood it is now working. I think the problem is our neighbour's junction box is only a foot away from ours,through the wall,and sometimes their signal is stronger than ours.:rotfl:
    Mind you,at the community centre 2 minutes walk away today only a couple of the computers would even work. And one day last week when I tried to phone the council I was kept waiting almost 5 minutes as the girl tried to log on. In the end she said she would phone me back when she could get on my account,and I waited 20 minutes,so all internet round here seems a bit wonky,goodness knows whats going on!Anywat today its working,but I have been super busy or out,so it might as well have been off:D
  • dustydigger
    edited 9 May 2018 at 7:46PM
    About the stalker of GD2. Finally in court yesterday, he denied all charges,so has been awarded bail again,until a proper case in SEPTEMBER.It was all done in about 3 minutes.Unbelievable,our family has no luck with court cases,they go on forever.The police were at my daughter's for two hours last night,taking statements,asking questions - as if THEY were at fault. Talk about stress:eek:
    In theory stalking is supposed to be taken seriously,but in real life its still just a nuisance in the police's eyes I think.Plus the way they have closed down so many police stations,all jails are full to bursting point, they dont know where to put all the villains,so they just let them loose!
    Anyway,thank you for your concern,beanie lou,Lonelyrat and Sayschezza. Much appreciated:T:T:T
  • dustydigger
    Oh dear,this fortnight I have been at sixes and sevens,nothing much achieved or even planned,my head has felt as if its stuffed with cotton wool. Sleeping is a joke. I did get out for a lovely long walk on Sunday,out in the fields. Walked 2 miles then sat on a bench reading for nearly an hour before continuing round in a big circle. Probably did about 3 miles altogether and thoroughly enjoyed it.Lovely and sunny but our typical brisk breeze kept me cool.:D
    Went to the library an hour's ride away yesterday,it is such a great library,especially for these days with closures,reduced hours and reduced book budgets.Returned 6 books,renewed 4 books and found 4 more I have really wanted to read,so that was great.
    I checked out the new stock for my local library system.Years ago the library system,with 39 branches had a huge budget. years ago the monthly list of new fiction additions was over 400. It dropped to 200 a couple of years ago. At Xmas it was 140 books added to the shelves. Last month it was a totally dire,pathetic,disgraceful THIRTY SEVEN fiction titles. No wonder I am willing to travel so far to find a good selection.
    But what are the poor council to do when baldly told by central govt that millions have once again been cut off their budget,but that they must still provide services:mad::mad:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I use the library all the time.
    It takes a long long time to get new books now.
    Well, at least its free but we now pay for book club.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure