PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Still waiting for our vendors to return 4 basic enquiries!! Our EA chased and they claimed they hadn't received any enquiries which is rubbish because there were originally 5 and they answered one but left the rest! Can't believe they lied.

Their solicitor is also their nephew so you'd think he would hurry things along. Apparently he told our solicitor he was a 'bit embarrassed' they still hadn't returned paperwork and that they are a 'bit ditzy'. Our solicitor has said she is going to pester their solicitor every day now. We've transferred our money over just so their is nothing left to wait on on our side. So frustrating.
  • Littlebobo1981
    Littlebobo1981 Posts: 194 Forumite
    edited 16 January 2018 at 12:19PM
    Ha FTB that is cheap ..to be honest that isn't what we have paid for it and that was reduced from 309K another house on that street just sold for 350K ..pretty silly but it's all relative as your 3 bed semi costs less than our 2 bed cottage we are selling ..we paid 145995 for it over 10 years ago !

I bet your house is mahoosive too FTB ..we did look at moving up north but decided against it as we are too settled here now ..Alas one day maybe :)
  • Spoke to the EA who called me back - apparently everything is ok, mortgage lender is ok with indeminity and they should be going in this week to sign stuff. Though annoyingly their sol doesn't work Tuesdays - so the fact they didn't reply yesterday is very annoying.

She suggested I get my sol to put forward dates so I will do that now - hopefully we can complete on a day I'm not working so I can collect the keys without using up holiday.

Feeling a tiny bit hopefully - but I've been here before.

I'll post my place after the sale goes through/falls through in case my vendor is on here ;) I too like nosing at houses. Over the weekend I had a look at the ones I looked at/got told were off the market when I was looking - interesting to see what they sold for - or didn't.
  • It is all relative, our house isn't huge to be honest - enough for us, but we could've got a much bigger house for the same (or less) in a not so nice area of the town we're in, but we wanted a nice area too.

Midwifelife, it doesn't seem like any solicitor rushes, or responds quickly - the wait really is frustrating
  • Ohhhh my sol is going to propose the 26th for completion (I've checked and I can take the day off work)

Won't hear until at least tomorrow - I must not get excited, we still haven't actually had the vendors sol confirm that everything is ok!
  • Totally agree FTB for us it was all about the location, could have got much cheaper by going a few miles out but just not right for us.

CTC nice to see some progress for you YAY !
  • Ohhhh my sol is going to propose the 26th for completion (I've checked and I can take the day off work)

Won't hear until at least tomorrow - I must not get excited, we still haven't actually had the vendors sol confirm that everything is ok!

Same here - proposing this Friday (19th) for exchange, with 26th for Completion - waiting to hear back from the Vendors sol to confirm they're in agreement
  • FTB we can be completion buddies :rotfl:

Just found out that my sol is off tomorrow - are they all part time? So no update until thursday? It's ok, just breath ;)
  • I've just chased our sol to tell me when we are getting details of indemnity policy so we can proceed

If they reply today that would be amazing ..fingers crossed :)

Feel like i am posting in here way too often LOL
  • Just had a call from our solicitor.

Our vendors solicitor is going to go round their house on Saturday to get the remaining enquiries answered with a view to exchange Monday and complete next Friday! Trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Does anyone know what happens regarding mortgage payments? We set ours up for the 1st of every month so say if we completed on the 26th January would we have to make our initial payment then AND then pay again on the 1st February?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback