Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Apparently furry friends love chocolate way more than cheese. Who knew??

Journalling might be another way forward. Just throwing it all on paper. I hope you find a way that works for you.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • JWPopps wrote: »
    Hello! Just dropping by to say that I'm finding your diary really inspiring!

:)

Hi :waves: thanks for popping by. What a lovely comment, made me smile :D thank you.
  • Bobarella wrote: »
    Apparently furry friends love chocolate way more than cheese. Who knew??

Journalling might be another way forward. Just throwing it all on paper. I hope you find a way that works for you.

Fab idea. My current notepad is on its last legs (in true DFW style I repurposed an old one) I'm going to get a new cheap one and then will have a go, will have some bullet journal style too it. Will keep you posted.
  • Girls room plastered and due to the mild weather already starting to dry out despite no radiator in there. Mad mess to clean up though. Plasterer great but not the best tidier ;)
    Will do what I can in the morning.

Time to do a plan before Jan deadline for woodwork being done.

Got some free soup this week and dug some hm rolls out of freezer for lunch. Despite seeing colleagues amazing chip Bettie I resisted :money:

Done 9 teacher gifts for under a £10 :D have some stuff to make this weekend:

3 more chocolate slabs as gifts
    Fudge - gift
    Rocky road - Christmas Day treat
    Mine pies
    Dundee cake
    DD birthday cake - tomorrow

Have all ingredients except mini marshmallows for rocky road.

So looks like weekend will be cleaning and cooking. Could be much worse I suppose ;) no work and good friends to see too :D
  • Earned some more money on surveys. Moved to savings. Down side is DH has been 'fined' by hmrc :mad: late submission of something that they said we could do online but when we went to do it you had to buy software for about a grand. Which wasn't worth it. I'll likely get one too. Boo. That wipes out the savings I made on our bill.

Likely made my decision to wind up my little biz. Can't keep all balls in the air. Makes me sad as it was a reasonable earner at time but I just can't do everything, must come to terms with that. Doesn't detract from making me sad and that doesn't help current situation. Oh well keep plodding.

Had lovely weekend, still a bit to make but planning on doing it tomorrow night or Thursday am when working from home. Shouldn't actually take long when I set my mind to it.

Three presents left to wrap and all done.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh no PF, so sorry to hear that. How much is the fine? What a sickening thing. Is it worth contacting a local accountant asap to see how much they'd charge you to do it using their software?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella wrote: »
    Oh no PF, so sorry to hear that. How much is the fine? What a sickening thing. Is it worth contacting a local accountant asap to see how much they'd charge you to do it using their software?

It's £100 each, but we've only had DH so far. But I'd not thought about that as the deadline for online is not until Jan. We have an accountant we used to use for DH business, I may message him. Thanks Bob :D
  • Hope you're doing ok PF and not feeling too sad about stuff going on at the moment. I always find Christmas a very up and down kind of time anyway. Hope you've spoken to your accountant and gotten some good news. It's got to be worth a try I would say.
  • Hope you're doing ok PF and not feeling too sad about stuff going on at the moment. I always find Christmas a very up and down kind of time anyway. Hope you've spoken to your accountant and gotten some good news. It's got to be worth a try I would say.

Thanks cat lovely of you to pop by :hello:

Unfortunately still not really happy, plus a sideswipe from a FB post tonight of a friend of mine. Not her fault at all, she doesn't know why her post has hurt and made me sad but it did. Busy at work still so no time to call accountant, maybe tomorrow as working from home.

Attempted fudge tonight, epic fail :( will have another attempt tomorrow, need to pop out for an ingredient though. Will try and do it first thing. Was going to go now but gave a Dundee cake in the oven that's taking forever to do. Ironic thing is if I'd known it was going to take this long could have got to supermarket and back :rotfl:

Smells lovely, very festive, reminds me of my nan's house when I was little. Hope it does her version justice. Although just being cooked at the moment would be a step in the right direction ;)
  • Hope you're ok today PF and that it's looking brighter for you all in all. Sorry to hear things are a bit rubbish at the moment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback