Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• I am waiting for 10 weeks to receive the credit that I have. I requested to close the account on the 6th Oct, but they still took money out from me on the 1st November.

I called on the 3rd November, 23rd November, 20 December and 21st December telling them that either they give my money or I will escalate to OFGEM.

They don't seem worried with that!

Besides, the credit is lower than what I should get because they are using their own estimated meter reading instead of the one I gave them when closing the account.
  • fsilva wrote: »

I called on the 3rd November, 23rd November, 20 December and 21st December telling them that either they give my money or I will escalate to OFGEM.

They don't seem worried with that!...

Sounds like empy threats.
    You have already appeared to make 3 to the company that you failed implement.

The supplier will also be completely aware that Ofgem doesn't deal with consumer complaints, so it's an empty threat even if you had tried.

:xmassign:

Perhaps if you wish to make a complaint, you will now follow the supplier's complaint procedure; something the supplier has because, not least, Ofgem mandates them to have. :cool:
  • Wavingfish
    Wavingfish Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 January 2019 at 10:41AM
    Looks like I'm in the same boat as several other people. I am owed over £200+. (I was only with Solarplicity having switched to them via the MSE cheap energy club). I have now left Solarplicity. My new supplier has given them a final reading. I asked for my money back. They state they should have to have an "Actual" reading from them. Lookings at my last bill it states it was a Actual reading, not an Estimate. I say It is according to your bill. He says no, that means its an estimated reading. I query how can it be an estimatred reading when it quite clearly states is a Actual reading? Customer services representaive starts telling me I'm not understanding. I query this with my new supplier, they say Solarplicity has been provided with a final reading by them, and they should accept it.

Update - After posting a review on TrustPilot with the above infomation I got a response from Solarplicity, witihin a day I think - and I got my money back, a day or two later. I stil haven't got my missing statement, but I'm happy with the outcome.
  • Crazy_Dave
    Crazy_Dave Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 7 January 2019 at 7:49PM
    I'm in the same position right now, they have flatly refused to refund my credit and to make things worse they added an estimated reading for my electric bill which was double my average use one month after I had given them the final reading.
    Total scam artists, I even explained my circumstances (lost my esa so currently no income) but they couldn't have cared less.
    Currently going through resolver as I can't cope with dealing with this myself.

You've been warned.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 January 2019 at 9:56PM
    Crazy_Dave wrote: »
    I'm in the same position right now, they have flatly refused to refund my credit and to make things worse they added an estimated reading for my electric bill which was double my average use one month after I had given them the final reading.
    Total scam artists, I even explained my circumstances (lost my esa so currently no income) but they couldn't have cared less.
    Currently going through resolver as I can't cope with dealing with this myself.

You've been warned.
    You do not appear to be in the same position at all, sorry.

Going through resolver simply adds a third party to the complaint process, which I fear will only add to your inability to cope.

If the supplier has already "flatly refused to refund " your credit, I fear that is not going to change until you address the issue the supplier obviously has with your account to have " flatly refused " you in the first instance.

Welcome to MSE, btw ;)
  • pauljaggard
    pauljaggard Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 4 February 2019 at 10:36PM
    Just to chime in with much the same story as many other commenters above.

LoCO2 customer for several years - was very happy with them.
    LoCO2 got taken over by Solarplicity, all ok initially.

Had a smart meter sort-of-installed by Solarplicity: new meter, but it's not sending readings automatically, and I've no display or anything for it. So it's a dumb meter to all intents. Promised a return visit to sort, but never heard back from them.

Prices got hiked in October, so jumped ship. No problems there, final bill arrived two weeks later, followed by a "final statement" the following day. £124 in credit.

After two months with no sign of that £124 reappearing, contacted them via e-mail and got a response promising a reply within 48 hours.

One month later finally get through to them on the phone, very dodgy sounding call centre. Lots of questions for "security" - account number, name, address, and answer to security question and my phone number and my date of birth - to the extent that I'm wondering if their phone number has lapsed, been picked up by scammers, and I'm providing all my personal info to someone I shouldn't.

Asked for the refund, got put back on hold for several minutes. Then told refund has been arranged, but will take 10 working days. Queried why it hadn't been refunded already - "because you didn't ask for it".

So, in summary:
    - they keep your credit balance after leaving unless you ask for it back
    - email sent to them is acknowledged and then ignored
    - calling via phone (0333 0044 666) seems to be the only route, and you'll spend ages on hold
    [STRIKE]- and you still have to wait another two weeks for your money.[/STRIKE] ** a bit longer than that; see below

LoCO2 were great; wouldn't recommend Solarplicity to anyone, though.
  • pauljaggard
    pauljaggard Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 4 February 2019 at 10:35PM
    Quick update: oddly enough, 11 working days into the "within 10 working days" period, still no sign of any repayment.

Update update: Ok, I've now been round this loop several times - three times I've been promised a refund, and three times the refund has failed to materialise. I'll be phoning them again tomorrow so I can be lied to again.
  • Not one of my best moves.

Apllied for a switch and they ended up switching and charging a neighbour!
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • Muhren
    Muhren Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I siwtched to them as they offered the best deal, I have recently switched away from them after around 9 months. I wouldn't recommend them, as during my short time with them, they cancelled my direct debit, which I tried to setup again but it never got sorted, so I had to login and pay manually every month. Could never get through to them on the phone, they then raised their prices so I switched to one of the big six.

I switched in November and they have sent me my final bill, I am in credit for a nominal amount. I emailed them to have it refunded and wass told I needed to phone up their customer service team. In their defence they answered quickly and have actioned the refund. It seems they have improved on that front since I have left.
    LBM: Dec 2012 - Debt £38,180/ Now £0.
    DFD - 17/04/2016
    Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something.

• brads39
    brads39 Posts: 20 Forumite
    They auctioned my refund in May last year, still waiting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure