Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I normally get a dip around 9-10dpo and then it continues to drop until AF arrives but this time I had a peak at 10dpo, stayed steady at 11dpo and rose again 12dpo, which is when I tested as I knew something might be going on based on temps and symptoms :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Anyone have advice with the One Step ovulation test strips. I'm confused!

Sunday (CD11) the test line was pale so classed as a negative. Monday test line was darker but not as dark as the control line so again classed as a negative. Tuesday and today no test line at all. Today I'm CD14

I don't know whether I'm worrying over nothing but is this normal?
  • KateySW
    KateySW Posts: 107 Forumite
    Still no answer for me. Same as before with the mild cramping and stuff but AF seems to be AWOL. Bit confusing as test has been neg on Monday, would rather just know. All the rest of my cycles recently have been around the 26-28 days mark, and I'm onto day 31 now... Knowing my luck it's probably just a coincidence that this is happening this month of all months!

LKRDN_Morgan, I haven't used those myself yet (might need to give them a go) but I've heard your LH surge can happen in a very small window, so it's easy to miss entirely. My friend did even when she was using them twice a day, so had to combine with CM testing etc. I'm sure someone else who has used them has some far more useful advice but keep at it, hopefully you'll get an answer soon :)
  • kirtsypoos
    Forumite
    Anyone have advice with the One Step ovulation test strips. I'm confused!

Sunday (CD11) the test line was pale so classed as a negative. Monday test line was darker but not as dark as the control line so again classed as a negative. Tuesday and today no test line at all. Today I'm CD14

I don't know whether I'm worrying over nothing but is this normal?

I had a few months where I never actually had a full on positive - I figured I missed the surge and my temp showed that I had Ov'd so it was obviously happening. I started doing my OPKs at about 2pm (at work!) and when the line got darker I'd do 2 per day until the line faded.

I never really liked the strips - I used a clear blue digi (non flashing one) one month and hated it as I had 4 days of peak apparently! and then took the plunge and bought the clear blue digi flashing one and got my BFP the same month, it made it clearer to me - not so much guesswork involved!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Forumite
    KateySW wrote: »
    Still no answer for me. Same as before with the mild cramping and stuff but AF seems to be AWOL. Bit confusing as test has been neg on Monday, would rather just know. All the rest of my cycles recently have been around the 26-28 days mark, and I'm onto day 31 now... Knowing my luck it's probably just a coincidence that this is happening this month of all months!

Katey you aren't out until AF shows - maybe do another test on Friday? Fingers Crossed!
  • LKRDN_Morgan
    LKRDN_Morgan Posts: 308 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2017 at 3:59PM
    Thank you so much for the replies. I wonder then if my surge was late Monday/very early Tuesday? I can't remember exactly what times I did the test but either way I feel a lot better now! Hope is not completely lost for this month afterall :)
  • Chelle22
    Chelle22 Posts: 341 Forumite
    TTC Thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD19 Chelle22 - 1 dpo
    CD16 LKRDN_Morgan - 2 dpo
    CD?? KateySW - 18 dpo
    CD73 thrift360 - ?? dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD12 spooney7 - awaiting ov
    CD17 athensgeorgia - awaiting ov
    CD17 Toots14 - awaiting ov
    CD19 Zeni - awaiting ov
    CD86 ButterflyBabe - awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone

:EasterBun

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454
    DSM348
    twigpig

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T

Kirstypoos 21/07/17
    Sulphate 16/07/17
    Cherry Gale 11/7/17
    Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
  • Chelle22
    Chelle22 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Morning all, I'm off to a wedding today so have done the lists early.

LKRDN_Morgan glad you feel better about the ovulation strips. I've only tried these once and only got 'low' readings just before ovulation. I've put you as 2 dpo today. Hope that is ok, let me know if you want me to change it to something different.

Katey fingers crossed for you. Try not to stress too much as things are going to be a bit all over the place first month off the pill I expect. I'm sure they will settle down quickly if you don't get a BFP this month.

Hope everyone else is ok.
  • KateySW
    KateySW Posts: 107 Forumite
    Still not even a peep from AF, still negative pregnancy tests :(:(:( I literally want to cry... what on earth is going on?
  • Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    When I got mine I got a negative on the day AF was due , it wasn't until 2 dats later I got a very feint line then the next was stronger then I used a digital on the day after that. You're not out til AF appears, x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback