Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Is there a website that gives daily/monthly estimates based on location?
    Normally this site
    http://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvgis/apps4/pvest.php
    Although it seems to be down at the minute

4 O's for me today
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 July 2015 at 10:48PM
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Is there a website that gives daily/monthly estimates based on location?
    ... PVGIS ( http://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvgis/apps4/pvest.php ), but it looks like it's down at the moment ...

HTH
    Z

#Edit - looks like tunnel tried to get there too ...
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    4.4 O's here and today....coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EricMears wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it was clear at all ! But in particular, it doesn't appear to say "if you subsequently have an export meter fitted we will have to use its readings". The sentences quoted seem to concern themselves only with the situation at the start of the contract and I don't see why if you accepted deemed export then you should be forced to change later

I did say that the contract is poorly drafted. It needs some professional skill to untangle this one.

Deemed Reading ... a way of working out how much electricity has been exported by the installation without an Export Meter ...

The problem is that if the installation does in fact have an Export Meter installed during the term of the FIT agreement, then the Deemed Reading most likely does not apply.

"Deemed Reading" only applies where an Export Meter is not fitted.

The defined term has to be read into condition 6.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 July 2015 at 8:41AM
    Options
    I did say that the contract is poorly drafted. It needs some professional skill to untangle this one.

Deemed Reading ... a way of working out how much electricity has been exported by the installation without an Export Meter ...

The problem is that if the installation does in fact have an Export Meter installed during the term of the FIT agreement, then the Deemed Reading most likely does not apply.

"Deemed Reading" only applies where an Export Meter is not fitted.

The defined term has to be read into condition 6.
    I think I'd be inclined to make the case that there was no export meter at the start of the contract so the terms obliged me to accept deemed readings. To change from deemed readings to 'real export figures' would be a change to the original contract terms and unless that was clearly explained in the original T&Cs any amendment would require my consent.

One party's view of a poorly drafted contract shouldn't be legally binding upon the other party. (that's what judges are for :D)

Good Luck !
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EricMears wrote: »

One party's view of a poorly drafted contract shouldn't be legally binding upon the other party. (that's what judges are for :D)

Good Luck !

OFGEM is clear where Ovo is not.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/58855/fit-generator-guidance.pdf

2.25. FIT payments are based on generation and export meter readings18. All metering used for measuring generation and export from FIT installations must be approved to set standards (see below). Exported electricity can be deemed19 for installations with a TIC of 30kW or less where it is not possible or practical to measure electricity generation with an export meter20. For all other installations, an approved export meter is required in order to receive FIT export payments.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Clearer - but still not clear !

I'd still be inclined to argue that you accepted their offer of deemed readings and that there is no clear indication that real ones might be substituted later in the contract.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Markj1110
    Markj1110 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday it was cloudy all day and very dull, until teatime when the sun came out for a while. Only managed 3.74 O's.
    3.96 kWp System, SSE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 330W BenQ Panels, Solar Edge Inverter, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Installed 26th May 2015.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Five days in, I'd have said July has been a little poor, but spreadsheet is a fraction of a kWh above target. So can't complain.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Pulpdiction
    Pulpdiction Posts: 228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    12.97kwh for me yesterday - that's 3.7 O's - not my best day, but it all counts, probably going to be better than today - too much cloud....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback