Flights to Ibiza

I am visiting Ibiza in September next year and would like advice on the best time to book a flight. I have accommodation and have to fly on 2 September. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,534
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    you don't say where you are looking to fly from...that may change the answer depending which airlines operate the route and when they release flights
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011
    Forumite
    Easyjet flights may not be released yet. I've been Ibiza for the last 5 years. I've booked flights far in advance and last minute. You can get cheap last minute flights - like a couple weeks to a couple days in advance from as little as £40 base fare from London - but these flights are evening/late night flights.

BA are more expensive but have better times.
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,226
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Night flight to Evissa = Party Bus.

Make sure you are up for it before booking!
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Forumite
    zagfles wrote: »

Those kinds of articles are nonsense.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Those kinds of articles are nonsense.
    What's your analysis then?

Alternatively, Skyscanner do a more specific checker, and they check flight prices all the time as the "google" of flight searches, so they are likely to be reliable:
    https://www.skyscanner.net/bttb/best-time-to-book-uk

From Manchester to Ibiza, it says 2 week before is cheapest but the range 2-6 weeks is much the same. Prices are considerably more booking early.

From London, it's 7 weeks. Again it's considerable more expensive booking early, or very last minute.
  • from manchester
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    Just been playing about with the tool, it seems to show definite trends:
    • Typical European holiday destinations, there's a blatently obvious trend that the later you book, the cheaper it is. Particularly Spanish resorts, islands etc (except that booking very last minute eg less than a week, prices go up).
    • For typicaly business destinations, it's the opposite, the earlier you book, the cheaper it is
    • For long haul, it's a lot more variable
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011
    Forumite
    zagfles wrote: »
    Just been playing about with the tool, it seems to show definite trends:
    • Typical European holiday destinations, there's a blatently obvious trend that the later you book, the cheaper it is. Particularly Spanish resorts, islands etc (except that booking very last minute eg less than a week, prices go up).
    • For typicaly business destinations, it's the opposite, the earlier you book, the cheaper it is
    • For long haul, it's a lot more variable

Agree with the above

I've booked Ibiza flights last minute and in advance. The only cheap advanced tickets I've got are the day Easyjet release the flights. I got it for around £75 from London to Ibiza, could have been cheaper if I got in earlier in the day. Most times it's been just over £100 for booking in advance, or £40 base fare 3 weeks before flying.
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Previousy With Ryanair, Id always say 6 to 8 weeks was the optimum time to book, but it didnt work this year for our usual Oct break. Prices were high across quite a few of our favourite beach destinations
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure